Awkward Fanfiction

A/N: So basically, as I am really behind with writing people's requests, I have decided just to do a huge run of them, which is a brilliant idea as it is going to be really essential to the plot line. MUH-HA-HA! * MORIARTY SMILE * ANYWAY! Disclaimer: I do not own any quotes used in this chappie. WARNING: THERE ARE SPOILERS TO TFIOS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ALSO, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE SERIOUS FEELS.

Dedicated to @KillerKidMars

@VallyStan

                                                                            Reading My Heart

                                                                                 by @VallyStan

“Why exactly do I have to read this?” the Winter Soldier folded his arms over his chest, his metal arm gleaming in the light. He self-consciously pulled his sleeve over it and then proceeded to cover his normal arm, hoping that Helena hadn't noticed.

She had.

“Bucky,” she sighed, the man was so stubborn. Don't get her wrong, she loved him but he really could be a pain. “I want you to read The Fault in Our Stars because I think it will help you.”

He frowned at this. “'Help me', I don't need help, Helena, I am completely fine.”

“Sure you are, that's why you're so self-conscious about your arm. Don't even try to argue with me because you know I am right.” she rolled her light blue eyes. “Honestly, just read the damn book.”

“I don't really think it's for me.” he was more of a Stephen King kind of guy.

“Just try the first chapter. If you don't like it then I'll understand.”

Bucky sighed, pouting slightly. “Fine! If it is that important to you, I'll read it but,” he smirked. “i have my own request. If I read your book, you have to read one of mine.”

Helena opened her mouth to protest but quickly thought better of it and nodded, looking equally as unhappy about the deal as Bucky did. “What one do you want me to read?”

“Twelve Red Herrings by Jeffrey Archer.”

“Okay, I'll read that, no problem.”

They traded books there and then. He wrinkled his nose at the sight at the vibrant blue background and whit and black clouds. What had he gotten himself into?

XOX

'What else? She is so beautiful. You don’t get tired of looking at her. You never worry if she is smarter than you: You know she is. She is funny without ever being mean. I love her. I am so lucky to love her, Van Houten. You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers.'