Awkward Day Two

A/N: Hello all! Okay, so first of all, a HUGE thank you for all the votes, comments and views (20,000+, who's have thought?!)!!! Secondly, I am going to be writing the requests in between the main chapters, so do not worry, I haven't forgotten! Thirdly, well, do you think Sebastian should ever remember who he is? I have a plan but more about that at the bottom of the chapter.

Oh and I am going to add Day One in as a memory instead of a lone chapter. Just incase you were confused.

Day Two

'Sebastian was the alias you gave me the first day I met you, the day you broke into my home.'

-Valerian Cassanova

Bucky sat the bed that he and Valerian were going to be sharing, his hair damp from his shower, dressed in jeans but no shirt, his chest glistened with water droplets. He just kept staring at the floor, knowing that the whole apartment was supposed to be familiar to him yet he felt like a complete stranger in it, like he wasn't supposed to be there at all. It all felt so alien to him. Bucky felt like his whole body was on high alert, as if he was on a mission and was in hiding. He know it was wrong to feel this way but he just couldn't make himself believe like he belonged in the apartment or with Valerian, nothing felt right. The Winter Soldier just told himself that he was being ridiculous and that he would soon find himself easing back into his normal life, it would just take time. While he sat there, he felt odd, his head hurt- as if someone was smashing his skull against a wall- and his vision began to blur slightly. Was he blacking out? No, he tried to reassure himself, it was just tiredness but as much as he told himself his own lies, he couldn't stay conscious. Or ignore the fact that he suddenly felt very, very angry. What was-

Oh no.

He desperately tried to remain awake, his couldn't fall into oblivion, not with Valerian unprotected in the other room, what would she be able to do if he-

If he-

If he-

'Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time...'

When Valerian walked into the room, she found Bucky collapsed on the bed, his legs dangling off of the edge, she assumed that he had fallen asleep like that. She wasn't surprised, he must have been so exhausted after the ordeal he had had to go through the past few days. She was feeling very tired herself. Walking to his side, Valerian gently shook his shoulder, trying to coax his awake. "Bucky?"

Everything happened so quickly.

Bucky suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her to the bed, pinning her down, a cold, hard look in his eye. He held her arms above her head, she tried to wriggle free of his grip but he just held her tighter. His whole body was trapping hers. Fearful of what had caused his reaction, she tried to soothingly talk to him, worried that now Sebastian was Bucky, he would actually have Winter Soldier tendencies. It was frightening to see how dehumanised he was in this state. "Bucky, listen to me, your name is James Buchanan Barnes but everyone calls you 'Bucky'." she closed her eyes, trying to think of things she could talk to him about. "O-once," Valerian gasped as his grip tightened even more on her wrists. "once you-you saved me...I was in a lot of trouble with an ex-boyfriend..."

XOX

Another perfect day, life had never felt so good and that was all thanks to Sebastian, he had swept Valerian from her horrible life with her ex, Jason and shown her what it was like to be truly loved. She must have been the luckiest girl in the world right now. To make matters even better, her sister, Tabitha, had managed to get a date tonight with Chris! She was so happy for them both, it had been too long since Tab had dated and too long since Chris had found someone he was interested in. She wished them all the luck in the world.

Lying on the leather sofa in the living room, Valerian stretched out, relaxing her muscles as she waited for Sebastian to return home. He had needed to go and return Chris's jacket before the big date. She had offered to go with him but Sebastian had insisted that Valerian stay at home and rest.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, that was quick. Why was Sebastian knocking, maybe he had left his keys again, he was prone to doing that, luckily, Valerian usually had hers. Slipping off of the sofa, she padded over to the door. "What did you forget this time, Bastian?" she laughed, unlocking the latch.

But it was not Sebastian waiting for her...

...it was Jason.

What happened after that, the details were too viscous to repeat but Valerian remembered that she had hidden in the bathroom, frightened and praying that Sebastian would come and save her this time. Through the thick wooden door, she could hear yelling. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" was it him, had her hero finally arrived home?

"So, this is who she left me for, I must say I'm disappointed, Valerian could have done so much better-" then there was the sound of flesh connecting with flesh.

Then she heard a loud thud. "How the hell did you get in here?!" it was, it was him! Sebastian had come to save her.!

"She let me in." Valerian could now distinguish who was speaking and her stomach twisted every time Jason spoke.

Their voices muffled slightly, making Valerian panic for Sebastian, was he ok?!

Valerian had to see if he was ok.

As she stood, her consciousness began to waver, she had to at least see if Sebastian was ok, she couldn't black out with out knowing if he was safe. The lock opened with a click and the door slowly creaked open to the dialogue:

"You're gonna listen to me and then you're gonna leave here and never come back, understand? Stay. Away. From. Valerian. She doesn't love you any more and if I find out that you've laid another finger on her, then I swear I will find you and I will rip you limb from limb. Nobody hurts her, especially not scum like you."

"Valerian?" she had heard him whisper as he clung to Jason tighter, concern laced his voice, his tone softening as he addressed her.

"Sebastian?" she had whispered before she was unable to stay conscious any longer.

XOX

"You saved me that day, you don't remember but I do and I will always be grateful. So, if you can hear me, Bucky then I want you to know..." she bit her lip. "that you're my hero and I want you to come back to me. You're not the Winter Soldier, you're James Buchanan Barnes and I love you." well, she loved Sebastian but this was as close as she could get to him.

She watched as his expression changed, he looked like a trapped animal, it was awful. He was no longer the HYDRA assassin but a scared human that was in pain and confused.

Shockingly, his lips suddenly crashed against hers, his hands releasing her wrists so that he could tangle his hands in her hair. Slowly, Valerian flexed her bruised arms and wrapped her arms around Bucky's waist, pulling him closer. What on Earth was going on? One minute she was being attacked, the next they were making out. If this was how life was going to be until Sebastian returned then Readers, life was going to be very weird. He pulled away and stared at her, his blue eyes piercing Valerian's soul. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." he whispered, kissing her forehead, a tear running down his cheek.

A/N: Comment GREEN or GOLD, all will be revealed in seven chapters time.