Awkward Fanfiction

Dedicated to @xxLivvyGracexx. I know that it is quite short, but I hope you enjoy it!

@VallyStan

How Could I?

by @VallyStan

He was her mission, he couldn't be allowed to hurt anyone else, not after Fury. Not after he had murdered the Director of SHIELD. From that day onward, every agent had placed a bounty on The Winter Soldiers head. Agent Olivia, sat in an armchair, staring at the door intently, waiting for him to walk through the door of his latest hide out. The lights were off, so he shouldn't be able to see her until it was too late. She found herself tensing as the door's lock began to be unlocked, through the door, a male walked in. It was him, she could see the outline of his armour and his horrible metal arm. Olivia despised every inch of him. Disposing him would be very easy.

Suddenly the lights were switched on, illuminating the whole room, revealing her. The Winter Soldier didn't seem surprised to see her, or even if he was, he hid it very well. “Surprise.” she hissed, standing up, her bow and arrow feeling heavy in her hands.

The assassin sighed and continued with what he was doing, removing his mask and armour. His actions caused Olivia to frown, this was not what she had expected, surely it was just a cover, that in a minute he would throw a knife or something at her and their battle to the death would begin? She stood still, ready for any sudden movements but none came. He just undid his mask and tossed it onto a side table and then began to unclasp the clips that were holding his armour together. He easily removed that and hung up, leaving him in a black t-shirt and combat trousers. Next to come off were his heavy duty boots, which he kicked messily to the side. He was just buying time, right?

Wrong.

Once he was finished, he walked over to the small open plan kitchen that was to his left. Olivia followed him with his eyes, not convinced at all. “Do you want a drink?” he called to her as he poured himself a double whiskey. When she failed to reply, he looked up at Olivia, analysing her with his gorgeous blue eyes. He raised his eyebrows and shrugged. “Suit yourself.” then he left the kitchen and walked into his bedroom. Now surely this was a trap, to lead Olivia into another room where he would ambush her? But after twenty minutes of standing, waiting for something to happen, Olivia found herself still not engaged in any combat.

Silently she moved to the bedroom door, it was shut. As quietly as she could, she opened it, slipping inside, half expecting to be attacked as she did. Nothing of the sort happened. She was safely inside the room. It was illuminated by a dim lamp, which omitted a soft golden glow around the room. Her eyes scanned the four walls for any concealed weapons. There were none. Her eyes rested upon the Soldier, who was lying on his back on a double bed, one arm lazily draped over his eyes. If she hadn't been there to exterminate him, Olivia probably would have been tempted to crawl in with him and curl up against him. But she was here on a mission, a personal vendetta.

Hooking up an arrow into her bow, she got into position, preparing to shoot an arrow through the HYDRA puppet's head. “Can I make a request?” a sudden voice startled Olivia, causing her to shoot the arrow just above his head, it embedded itself in the wall, about a foot from her target. The green-eyed female cursed heavily and stared hatefully at her enemy. He was now looking at her, his arms placed behind his head. “If you're going to kill me, can you at least make it quick?”