Awkward Fanfiction

Dedicated to @superwholockian101

I apologise that this is quite short but I hope that you still enjoy it.

@VallyStan

A Whovian's Mugging

by @VallyStan

"Somebody, help me!" a young girl's cries echoed through the small alleyway that was situated between a fast food store and a nail parlour. "Somebody, please!" she cried again as the four older teens around her tried to covert her bag from her grip. Sam, a fourteen year old who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, was frightened, she didn't want to give up her possessions. She closed her eyes and prayed that someone would come to her rescue. She squeaked as one of the boys pinned her up against the wall.

"I said, give me your purse!"

That was when another figure came down the alleyway. "Let her go!" they were tall and muscular, towering over the youths. In the dim light of the setting sun, Sam could just about make out the new person's features. The stranger had chin-length brown hair and stubble covering most of his chin and cheeks. He had the bluest eyes that she had ever seen, they were so blue that Sam had to glance away. The male wore a dark blur hoodie, black jeans and black converses. That was when she notice the metal hand. Who was this man?

The boy who was holding Sam against the wall, grinned. "Oh yeah, what are you going to do about it?"

The stranger raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you want to find out?"

The teen did not look impressed. "You three," he called to his accomplices. "deal with this clown. Little brunette and I have some unfinished business to attend to." he turned his attention back to Sam.

She began to tremble, how could that man fight against three other people? It was three against one, 'the odds were not in his favour'. She shut her eyes, preparing herself for the worst. Oh why had she had to walk down this alleyway, why did it have to be her that got mugged? Suddenly, through the darkness, Sam could hear squeals of pain and the sound of fists connecting with flesh. The arms that were trapping her were then ripped away, pulling Sam to the floor. She collided with the ground with a thud, hitting her head on the wall behind as she did. Her ears rang as blood pounded to the offended area. But still, she refused to open her eyes.

The sound of fleeing footsteps echoed around the enclosed alley and then died away. Sam could hear the sound of a pair of approaching her, she curled into a ball on the ground, fearing that her fight was not over. A hand gently shook her shoulder. "Miss, are you ok?" a kind voice whispered. "Did he hurt you?" It was not the same person who had attacked her, in fact, it was the stranger. Sam finally opened her eyes, she came face to face with the handsome stranger, her handsome hero. Carefully, he helped her sit up. That was when she heard him gasp. "Oh crap, you are hurt." she felt his fingers probe a tender area on her forehead, his fingers came away with blood on the tips. "You need to get to the emergency room, that cut is far too deep." he sighed, pursing his lips and glancing around. "Can you walk?"

Sam nodded, and hurriedly got to her feet. Big mistake. The world spun and her knees buckled. Luckily, the male was prepared for this particular reaction and quickly scooped her up in his arms. "Is there someone I can take you to, are you with your parents?"

She shook her head, her parents were out of town.

"Any relatives?"

She shook her head once more, her parents were visiting her relatives, who lived out of town.

Again, the stranger sighed. "I have a car parked around the corner, the nearest hospital in only thirty minutes away, do you think you'll be ok until then?"

Sam nodded.

"All right, let's get you out of here." the duo began to walk through the alley until they emerged onto the main street which was bustling with people rushing to their own destinations but no one paid attention to the male carrying the injured teenager.

"Here's my car, let me open the door for you."

Her eyes nearly popped out of her skull. His car was not just flash, it was like the batman's ride and then some. Now, Sam was no car expert but she did recognise that is was the latest Ferrari. Slipping inside, she could hardly believe that this was actually happening to her. She leant back in the seat, her head felt like one massive bruise and a wave of nausea swept over the young girl.

The man climbed into his side of the car and turned on the engine. Pulling away from the curb, they began to make their way to the hospital. "You hang in there now, ok?" he glanced over at Sam, worry etched on his perfect facial features.

"Ok." she mumbled, eyes slowly closing. She was so tired and the car was so comfty.

"Hey, stay with me now." he shook her shoulder, forcing Sam awake, much to her irritation. "Why don't you talk to me, tell me a bit about yourself, that'll help keep you awake."

Sam didn't want to talk, she wanted to sleep but she began to talk anyway. "My name is Sam."

"'Sam', as in Samantha?"

"Yeah."

"That's a lovely name."

"Thanks."

"I have a friend called Sam."

"Boy or girl?"

"Boy, does that bother you?"

"No, what's he like?"

"A giant pain in the a**."

That made her smile. "What's your name?"

"James but everyone calls me 'Bucky'."

She turned her head slightly towards him. "Why?"

"'Cause my middle name is 'Buchanan'."

"That's a cool name."

"Thanks, I've actually always hated it."

"I like it, can I call you Buchanan?"

"If you want to, but only if I get to call you Samantha."

She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Oh alright then." she sighed, watching roads slip away as they drove on.