Awkward Superheroes

A/N: Thank you so much for the views, votes and the requests! Okie dokie, now that I have written the basic "get to know the characters" chapters, I can now begin with the request one shots (keep sending 'em in)! Woop woop!

Dedicated to @Goddess_of_Winter

"I'm taking you out."

"Where?"

"Wear what you've got on now, you look beautiful."

"Sebastian! One, I said 'where' as in 'where' are we going? Two, I'm wearing one of your t-shirts and a pair of shorts."

The extremely gorgeous actor wrapped his arms around his girlfriend's waist, drawing her closer to him. "And may I say that you look absolutely beautiful." he then proceeded to kiss her jawline. "Right now, all I want to do is pick you up and take you into that bedroom and have my wicked way with you..." he whispered to her in a deep, seductive voice.

Valerian could have easily relented to anything he said...

...but she was not that easy, two could play at his game.

"Nice try, 'Bastian," she whispered back, masking his tone. "but I'm afraid I'm not that kind of girl." she pulled away from him, smirking. "So, where are you taking me?

He pouted, a mask of mock hurt moulded onto his facial features. "Fine," he kissed her cheek. "but I'll get you later." he hissed.

This made Valerian blush a deep shade of crimson. "Imfgh-" she cleared her throat. "Maybe."

"Anyway, go and get ready."

"But how can I when I don't know where we're going?!" she whined, feeling exasperated.

Sebastian sighed, smiling at her annoyed glare. "Jeans, t-shirt, hoodie and trainers. Simple."

Valerian returned his good humour with an eye roll. "Why didn't you just say so in the first place?" she sauntered off into the bedroom, leaving Sebastian to stare after her.

He shook his head, he really had picked a sassy girl. That thought made him chuckle, at least she kept things interesting.

The she came back out of the bedroom, a huge smile on her face. "Want to help me?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with mischief. Sebastian quickly followed her into the room.

Yep, she kept things interesting.

XOX

The fairground, that had been his plan all along, the fair. It was the best surprise ever. The duo soon learned that they were both big kids deep down, the sight and sound of the fair transported them back to their younger selves. They swapped stories of the fun they had had growing up, how excited they got a children when the fair came to town. It had been a wonderful date, our heroine could not have imagined a better day, she realised how lucky she was to have Sebastian in her life.

The lovers were now sat on the giant ferris wheel, looking over the vast city as the sun began to set and the lights turned on. Valerian rest her head on the actor's shoulder, watching the amber sky fade to ink blue. "Thank you so much for today." she whispered, feeling happier than ever and wishing that this day would never end.

"You're most welcome." he kissed the top of her head, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "I'm just gald that you enjoyed yourself."

"Next time, I'm going to take you on a date, you've planned the last three, it's my turn."

"Valerian, you don't-"

"No, I want to."

He smiled warmly at her. "Ok," they settled back into their seats. "your turn."

The wheel began to slow as they reached the top, then there was a slightly worrying groan as the whole contraption came to a halt, leaving Sebastian and Valerian dangling at the top. "That's not good is it?" she sighed.

"Nope," the movie star leaned over the edge of the railing, trying to see what caused the disturbance. "ok, I have good news and bad news."

"What's the good news?"

"Spiderman is here to save us."

Her brown eyes narrowed suspiciously. "And the bad?"

"He's brought a friend with him."

Valerian could not resist looking over the side of the carriage, she groaned with displeasure. This could not be happening. "Why would he bring HIM along?!" Batman was below with Spidey, helping carry people to the ground.

A/N: I know that Batman and Spidey are from two different comic rivals but I thought it would be cool to include both...so yeah, PLEASE DON'T BE MAD. :D

"What, you don't like Batman?"

"No, he's got a weird voice and is kinda creepy."

Sebastian could not believe what he was hearing. "But he's Batman! That's like, that's like hating the Hulk!"

"The Hulk is in his own league, nothing compares to the Hulk but Batman...he's not even a superhero like Spiderman, he's always causes more trouble for everybody."

"You know why he does though, right?"

"No, why?"

Because he's Batman!"

Valerian was so not amused. "That was the worst impression...EVER."

XOX

One hour later and finally it was Valerian's turn to be carried by Spiderman. Oh the joy. The couple's date had certainly taken a turn towards the weird. "Hey, you ready?" the masked hero asked her, holding his arms out.

She nodded. "Yeah, I guess." Valerian climbed into his arms. "At least it's you and not the other guy."

"Who...the actor? Lady, if that guy is giving you trouble, you know I could-"

"No, no, not him. He's my boyfriend-"

"That's a shame, I was actually going to give ypu my number." Spiderman teased.

Valerian scowled at him. "I meant the other guy, you know, Batman."

"You don't like Batman?" the superhero seemed genuinely surprised. "I thought everyone loved him?"

"Well not me, he gives me the creeps."

The duo began to make their way down. "Me too." Spiderman mumbled. "It's the voice, right?"

"It is SO the voice."

XOX

Our heroine was so happy to be back on the ground and in the safe embrace of Sebastian. Her trip with Spiderman had not been a total disaster, she had come to learn that he had a sense of humour and did not really like his Partner in Crime (she could wholly empathise with that point).

As Sebastian and Valerian walked hand in hand towards the car, she heard the caped justice-enforcer talking to a group of adoring girls. "Hey girls, you wanna know my secret identity?"

Oh dear, how awkward.