Awkward Loki

Dedicated to @Dtf720, who said that the fanfictions were 'neat'.

Marya had to stop Thor. She had to save Loki. When elder sibling had entered the room and found Loki and Marya together, he had jumped to the wrong conclusions. At first they two males had just argued, hurling insults at one another but soon their fighting talk had become a physical actual fight. The frightened maid cowered in a corner of the room, trying to devise a plan to break up the brawl.

She gasped in shock as Thor smashed his estranged brother into the floor, cracking the flagstone surface. The golden Prince began to repeatedly hit his brother around the face, sending blood and saliva flying. Loki's gaze turned to Marya, she was sure she saw his lips move, as if they were whispering the words 'Help Me'. It was only when she noticed his body go limp and eyes shut, that Marya knew he was finally defeated but Thor did not stop. He did not notice his brother fall into an unconscious state.

The feeling of dread swept over the young female, rising from where she crouched, Marya quickly rushed across the room and caught Thor's fist before he could inflict another blow. "Wait!" she shrieked, pulling the other prince away from the fallen. "Something is wrong." Marya's hands fluttered above Loki, unsure which vital to check first. She chose the pulse, pressing her fingers to his pale wrist. There was nothing. Next she pressed her ear to his heart, gone was the steady beat. Lastly, Marya checked to see if he was breathing. He was not.

Nausea rose in her constricting throat. She was going to be sick. He could not be, it was not possible, he had been alive a few minutes ago. Tears poured from Marya's eyes. She trembled at Loki's side, unsure what to do. She slowly turned to Thor, who sat frozen next to her. Then she uttered two words that made her heart miss a beat. "He's dead."

There was not much time. Every second that passed, was another second he slipped further and further away from life and into the darkness. His heart had stopped beating and Marya had to find a way to kick start it again. Loki could not remain dead.

She needed to perform a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, chest compressions and rescue breath were the only method that would keep the blood and oxygen flowing around the body.

Placing her hands on the centre of the Prince's chest, Marya used the heel of her hand and began to press up and down at a steady beat, around two compressions per second. One...Two...Three, she counted in her head. Once Marya reached thirty compressions, she tilted Loki's head, lifting his chin with two fingers. Pinching his nose, her lips clamped over his as she blew air into his lungs, willing for him to wake up. Each breathe had to last over one second, so after two, Marya light-headedly repeated the thirty compressions.

"Come on, don't be dead. You can't die, you're Prince Loki of Asgard, you're supposed to live for thousands of years, annoying your brother! You. Can't. Die. Wake up, please, just wake up. I don't care if you think being dead will reunite you with your Mother, she would want you to live. Do this for her, wake up!" Marya pleaded. Once again, her lips met his, air left her body, trying to fill his with life.

Just as the maiden was about to repeat the compressions for a third time, Loki's eyelids began to flutter, his chest slowly but steadily rising and falling from breathing. He kept blinking, as if woken up from a deep sleep. A very deep sleep. Just from his actions, Marya could tell he was lethargic and confused. Placing a gentle hand to a cheek, she smiled as his lazy gaze met hers. "Welcome back, your highness." her stomache flipped with joy at the sight of him moving his head to the side, leaning into her touch. "I need you to stay with me now, your brother is fetching some guards to take you to the medical wing. For a moment I thought I'd lost you, you gave us quite a fright."

Loki could not say much, as his oxygen deprived brain tried to force itself back into present day and out of it's sluggish state but Marya was sure she heard him whisper. "Good."