Awkward Morning After

Reader, as well both know, Sebastian and Valerian aren't like other couples. They're incredibly awkward and their 'let's talk after breakfast' breakfast was no different. There had been a slight mood change since Valerian had left the bedroom, in order to make pancake and strong coffee (the ultimate hangover cure). She had become rather timid and Sebastian, sensing her discomfort, had too become shy. So, as they sat there, eating their food and avoiding each others eye contact, it was safe to say that the whole situation was immensely awkward...

...although the pancakes were delicious.

Sebastian knew that if he continued to sit there without saying anything, the awkward tension would just continue to build up until it became unbearable. If it was bording unbearable now, what would the situation be like in a few minutes when it crossed that imaginary line? "Okay, I can not take this silence any longer. Please, just tell me where you want to go on from here. Seriously, your quietness is slowly killing me here. In the bedroom, I literally said that I think we have a future together and now I'm getting the silent treatment. You were the one who said that we should talk after breakfast, well, we're hear and I need you to say something. Please?"

Valerian slowly placed her cup of coffee on the table, she regarded him for a minute, analysising Sebastian. He seemed genuinely anxious. "It's crazy." she began. "I've always wondered what it would be like for a man to say that he sees a future with me. Now it's happened, it feels just too perfect to be true. I don't know, Sebastian...I'm just feeling so awkward."

"Too perfect?"

She sighed. "I meet a Hollywood actor who goes on one date with me and suddenly he says he wantsa future with me. It's all so unrealistic."

"You don't want to get hurt?"

"Exactly." Valerian nodded her head slightly. "Hell," she leaned back in her chair. "in the bedroom, I thought 'finally, my life is turning around' but since breakfast, well, that horrible thing called reality has kicked in and now, now I'm not so sure."

He frowned. "About me?"

Her eyes widened and she shook her head. "No, no, I'm very sure about how I feel about you."

"Which is?"

Now he had asked. She blushed, violently. "I really like you." Valerian whispered.

"I really like you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Sebastian noted the way she bit her lip, obviously flatered. Oh how he wanted kiss those lips so tenderly. He wanted to have her close, to taste her soft, pink, rose bud lips. "You need convincing?"

She nodded, wordlessly.

He paused for a moment before suddenly rising from his seat, grinning from ear to ear. "Okay."

Then he began to make his way to the front door. "Wait!" Valerian hastily followed him, two steps behind. "Where are you going?!"

He suddenly turned to face her. "Go and get ready because in half an hour, I'm taking you out."

"What? What do you mean, where are we going?"

That was when he kissed her, just lightly o. the lips, it was the briefest of gesture but it sent shivers down her spine. "On a second date." he mumbled.

He exited the apartment, leaving a stunned Valerian behind. "What the hell just happened?" she shook her head and decided to gk and get ready.

A/N: Where should they go on their date?

SEND IN YOUR BUCKY REQUESTS. I SHALL BE WRITING THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHAT IS THE WORST PLOT TWIST YOU'VE TO ENDURE?

ME: ALL PLOT TWISTS ARE EVIL. UNLESS IT'S FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF THE SHOW/FILM/BOOK/MEDIA.