Awkward Mycroft

A/N: Remember the voting?

"Where are they, they should have been back by now."

"Is Tabitha picking up?"

"No, nothing. What about Isla on Face Time?"

"Still no reply."

"Maybe they're just talking to Valerian at a drive-in Diner, I saw one on the ride here."

"This just should not be happening, not on Isla's birthday."

"What a day for him to open his mouth."

"Guys, you heard him, Arrabella's forcing him to act this way. If he doesn't do as she says, someone gets hurt. He's just trying to protect us all."

"Well, he could have protected Valerian by not cheating on her in the first place."

"I can't deny that that wasn't a really stupid thing to do but he stopped it eventually."

"A little too late, wouldn't you agree. Mark?"

"Of course but arguing about whether Sebastian's actions were right or wrong isn't going to bring the girls home, is it?"

"Mr Cassanova's right. We need to concentrate on finding out where the girls are. It's been two hours."

"I doubt they'll be very far, the snow fall out there is like a blizzard."

"All the more reason to concentrate on finding out where they are, James."

Sebastian ignored the conversation carrying on behind him, he was more focused on the text before him. He stared at his phone hatefully, the words stared back. It read:

To: Sebastian

From: A. R. Bella

Is it done?

He picked his iPhone up, feeling the weight of it in his hands, almost as if it was carrying his guilt too. Sebastian simply typed back:

To: A. R. Bella

From: Sebastian

Yes.

He tossed the phone back on the coffe table, feeling awful, almost flu-like. What had he done? How could he have been so unfaithful to such a wonderful woman? Not only had he broken her heart, he had ruined Isla's birthday and what was supposed to be a nice surprise. Tomorrow, friends were supposed to be arriving at the cabin to throw a party in celebration of Isla's eighteenth. Sebastian had messed up everyone's life.

The actor's mobile sprung to life, indicating a message. He hoped it was Valerian, he dreaded it was Arrabella. Hesitantly, he unlocked the screen and read the following statement:

To: Sebastian

From: A. R. Bella

Turn on you TV, channel 6. Now.

"Connor?" he called over to the younger actor, who was currently dialling Isla's mobile number. "Put the TV on, channel 6."

The sandy haired male frowned at Sebastian's request but complied anyway.

That was the moment that everyone's world fell apart and crumbled to dust. The words, 'BREAKING NEWS' filled the screen. The image of a silver Jeep, smashed and dented beyond recognition, burned into their retinas. A young, male reporter broadcasted from the scene of the accident. James Cassanova immediately turned the volume of the electronic device up. The solemn, measured words of the newscaster filled the room.

"Yes, I'm here now, live from the scene of the accident. Police say that the Jeep was driving in these terrible conditions when it collided with the truck, also behind me."