Awkward Teenagers

"You did that...for me?" Loki could not believe his ears. First his servant saved his life and now she had convinced the Allfather to allow him to attend his Mother's funeral. If she had a superpower, then the maid could have qualified to be an Avenger!

"Yes, Prince Loki."

He just stared at her, unsure how to react. "Thank you..." he did not even know this amazing girl's name.

"Marya, my name's Marya." she smiled sweetly at the bewildered male as she stood before him.

"Marya." he nodded seriously. "I don't know how to thank you enough, is there anyway I can repay you?"

Images of Loki kissing her tenderly, his arm snaking around her waist and her fingers tangling in his hair flashed in her mind. Kiss me, a sly voice whispered. It sounded like he was the one speaking but that was impossible, Loki had no magic. "I..."

The Prince took her hand in his, kissing it tenderly, a blush set Marya's cheeks aflame. "Tell me what it is you desire." he mumbled against her knuckle. His words sent shivers up her spine. This could not be happening, it had to be a dream but there they both were, slowly becoming entwined. His arms laced around her waist and hers around his neck. Their foreheads touching. "I think you know what I want." he purred in her ear. "Tell me, Marya, what do you want from me?"

"You to be happy." she whispered back, closing her eyes.

"You make me happy."

"Then I am what you need."

Their lips barely when Marya suddenly pulled away. This was all so wrong. She pushed herself away from him, turning her back while she calmed her racing heart. "I can't, I'm sorry."

"Marya?"

"I can't be with you, I'm so, so sorry, my Prince." she sobbed. "I promised the King. I swore an oath to myself that I wouldn't let anything come between us."

Gently, Loki turned Marya to face him. His eyes searching her tear-stained face. "Rules were meant to be broken." he sighed when his words only made her cry further. Pulling her into a hug, he whispered soothing things to the poor girl, trying to calm her down. "Do not cry, there is nothing to be sad about. I understand, your duties must come first."

"I'm so sorry..." she choked.

"Don't be, you have nothing to apologise for." he tenderly kissed the top of her head, still holding her to him.

If only they knew that someone was lurking in the shadows, watching the whole scene, plotting against the duo.

"My King, it is as you feared, Laufeyson has cast some kind of enchantment on the girl." Lady Sif bowed before the Allfather as she delivered her news.

The foolish King nodded solemnly, all of his suspicions confirmed. "You have done well, Lady Sif. It would seem the talisman locked around his wrist is not poerful enough. The girl must be saved from that boy's treacherous ways, before he forces her complete a task that will endanger her life."

"She will be leaving his chambers in an hour, shall I go and collect the girl and then take her to The Purifier?"

"Yes, she must be purged of his evil spells."

XXXX

The rogue Prince paused throwing and catching a can he had found, something was wrong, call it a sixth sense but there was a distressed vibe in the air. Why would someone be feeling distressed? It was confusing, he felt connected to this person and only one person came to mind, Marya. Now he was really worried, was she ok? Panic began to claw at his stomache, he needed to find out where she was. Marya was in danger, he was sure of it.