Awkward Day Three

A/N:

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN MARVEL OR THE CHARACTERS USED FROM THE CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS. OR DOCTOR WHO.

"That's ridiculous, Atmos Twelve."

"No, hear me out. The guy chose his alias to be 'Alexander Pierce', not an actor portraying 'Alexander Pierce' but literally being 'Alexander Pierce."

"I swear if you say 'Alexander Pierce' one more time, I will kick you."

"Asteroid Five, I have a point. He's up to something."

"Maybe he is but we're not exactly in a position to fight his authority."

"All I'm saying is, we need to stick together. If the guy is crazy, then we'll need each other as allies."

"Fine but I still think you're crazy."

"Me 'crazy'? The guy played Alexander Pierce for crying out loud! Hey, wait...ow! What. The. Hell! Why did you kick me?!"

"I said I'd kick you if you used that name again."

On the other side of the apartment doot, Nurse Celestial Ninety had to clamp a hand over her mouth to force herself not to laugh. The nurse pulled an advanced looking cellphone out of the pocket of her white outfit. She dialed a string of numbers and held the device to her ear as she summoned the elevator. "Hello, Doctor Hemms? Yes, they're in their apartment now. That's right, everything is set up. Of course they believed the lie, they're discussing it right now. He thinks you're not to be trusted and she thinks that he's crazy. That's right. No, no, your prediction was most accurate, they are now 'allies'. I know. It would seem that this experiment is going according to plan. Okay, all right, I'll let you know their results of the shared Simualtor test." she hung up, a smirk playing on her cherry red-painted lips.

XOX

Rachel Leighton was tired. No, scrap that, exhausted. After yesterdays training session, all she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and sleep. Sleep for a very long time. The smell of breakfast had woken her up, well, her rumbling stomach had woken her up and Rachel could not ignore her starving body. So, slipping out of her comfy four poster bed, she stumbled into the kitchen bleary eyed, wondering why it was so quiet.

She was happy to see Bucky cooking in the open plan kitchen, Bucky was one of the few people in the Towers who did not burn the food. Burnt food was disgusting. "Hey." he cheerily greeted Rachel, turning his back to the tired female, frying something that smelled delicious.

"Hey."

"Hungry?"

Rachel hopped onto one of the red bar stools that were positioned all around the island in the kitchen. "Yeah, what are you making?"

"Eggs a la Bucks."

This made the weary female giggle. "Sounds great." she glanced around, wondering where everyone was. "Where is everyone?"

"Out, it's pretty late in the day."

Rachel frowned. "Why, what time is it?"

"Ten Thirty."

She groaned, head in hands. "I was supposed to be up at six for training, why did no one wake me?!"

"Tony said that you needed a lie-in after yesterday."

Just the mention of 'yesterday' made Rachel want to groan further.

Bucky noticed his friends silent displeasure and rolled his eyes. "Hey, I think it's pretty cool that you nearly tore up the Towers with on of your diamond grenades. To tell you the truth, I'd swap my abilities for yours any day." he was referencing to his metal arm, he hated that arm.