Making Every Moment Count

Your POV

Matt brought us some beers as you rested on Katharine's shoulder. Your leg was slowly becoming more bearable. But your sister, here, you still couldn't believe it. Jensen, Matt, and your Dad were in the kitchen while you, your sister, and mom caught up in the living room. We talked about basically everything. More you though, and of course Jensen. We were all smiling and laughing.

It felt good to be with your family again.

All together with no more stupid tensions.

You zoned out in your own thoughts until your Dad snapped you out of them. "Hey beautiful ladies, could we all talk for a bit?" Your Dad spoke as he entered the living room along with Jensen and Matt. Jensen filled the empty spot next to you and began to warp his arm around your shoulder but you pulled away, jokingly, and held onto Katharine tighter. "Wow, I see where I stand right now." Jensen scoffed. You slapped his chest playfully and pulled from Katharine to wrap your arms around him. "Thank you, I like this much better." Jensen said and Katharine and you laughed. Jensen pulled your chin up closer to his face and planted a soft kiss on your lips.

"Okay, enough PDA you two," Mom jokingly spoke before getting serious and standing up behind Dad who was sitting on the edge of the coffee table facing my siblings, Jensen, and I. "Your father has somethings he needs to go through with you, (Y/n)." Mom looked at you and so it Matt and Kathrine. They clearly knew what he was about to tell me and it didn't look good.

You unhooked your arms around Jensen and took your leg off the table in front of you. You winced at the movement of your leg but you didn't let it distract you. Your Dad had gotten his serious face on, and it was really scaring you. "Dad? W- What's wrong? All of you are scaring me." You frantically looked at all of them, even Jensen, even though he probably was new to this news. Maybe? You didn't know what he spoke to your Mom about. Your Dad sighed and looked at his hands. "(Y/N), you know I've been sick," Your Dad paused and lifted his head to you. The tears were forming in your eyes and you didn't know how much longer you would last holding them back. "And, it has not gotten any better...." Dad paused to you again. "I don't have long left, sweetheart." You buried your head in your hands and shook your head.

"No," You muttered quitely. "What?" Your Dad asked you. "No.." You said louder and stood from the couch. Jensen grabbed your waist but you pulled from his hold. The tears were flowing from your eyes now and the pain was all over. "I- I said no! I- I just got you back. I'm not loosing you yet, I can't." You were standing in front front of everyone and your breathing began to become heavy and fast. You couldn't control it anymore. Your vision was clouded from your tears and your body went limp. "Please, sweetheart. You're okay." You Dad wrapped his arms around your crumbled body.

"Daddy, no. I- I need you." You cried harder into his chest as the both of you sat together on the floor. "I know sweetheart. I know. The doctors did everything they could to take my sickness away."

"They, they gotta try harder. Dad please! We gotta make sure you get everything you deserve!" You pleaded lifting your head to meet your father gaze. "What-What about cemo? Anything?"

"I'm sorry. Nothing helped and it was only making me feel worse. We just gotta make every moment count." Your Dad rubbed down your back, trying to soothe your tired and worn body. "Jensen, I think you should take her upstairs now. She looks pretty tired." You Dad looked down at you were half asleep. "No," You grumbled. "I- I want to stay in your arms Dad, please?" The tears began to fall on your wet cheeks again and you looked at Jensen then your Dad. Jensen pulled his arms back from you and looked down at your weak body. "Babe, your exhausted. Come on, lets get you cleaned up, and you can talk with your Dad more tomorrow. Please, let me take care of you..." Jensen squatted in front of you and you could see the pain in his eyes.