Not Yet

You were struggling to open your eyes amidst the darkness that surrounded your senses. You felt as if you've been sleeping for years. Beeps went off around your ears and incoherent voices were heard a distance away from you. As you were beginning to gain control of your senses, your body began to turn its gears and your eyes were opening into the reality.

"Oh my god, (Y/n)." Your mother's voice rang out. You blinked furiously to adjust to the bright fluorescent light that covered the entire room. Your head felt heavy and fuzzed, and the pounding wasn't helping gain your clear sight. It took you a moment to realize that you were in a hospital room and register what was fully happening. "I'm dreaming."  You whispered in your thoughts.

Your groggy head moved to the side to see your mothers eyes filled with tears as she traced your cheek with her finger tips. "Mom? Y- you've never been here before?" You say with a hoarse throat. "Sweetheart, what does that mean? Are you in pain? Let me go get the doctor. Jared took Jensen to get some food finally, I'll go call him." Your mother went to leave but you grabbed her wrist.

"Why leave? I'm just going to wake up soon anyways...like always," You close your eyes, tears beginning to fall. "Just end this David. Please, I- I don't think I can hold on much longer." You close your eyes but flashbacks haunt your darkness causing your body to jolt awake. You knew this was just another hallucination from the drugs or whatever David was injecting you with. Usually the hallucinations included Jensen attempting to save you but then David would kill him in front of you causing you to wake from the hallucination screaming in pain.

"Sweetheart, what are you talking about?" Your mother says back and you let go of her wrist to cradle your head in your knees. "Please stop! I- I know this isn't real! You always do this, David. Enough is enough. I don't want to see Jensen die again, please I want it to be my last time. Just- Just let me die." You sat up in bed and begin to pull the IV's from your arms. "Sweetheart, stop this, please. You are alright. You aren't hallucinating." Your mother, or so you thought, tires to stop you with her pleads but you know David is just hurting you even more.

"NO! Stop, please, let me die!" You scream as you get your IV's off amidst her strong grasps. Your mind begins to swirl and the fear heightens in your blood. "Sweetheart, just relax. Shhhh, relax." You push her back and a nurse moves into the room. With all of the rustling around, you didn't hear that the door had opened.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need you to relax." You were panicking and the heart monitor was going crazy. Thrashing about, you felt being held down by more than one person now. You closed your eyes and moved them to the side opening them to see a man holding you down.

"No! David please, please stop. No more! David just let me go." You were moving all around the bed trying to ease from the strong hold that was pinning you down. Before you could thrash even more, you felt a needle in the side of your neck and as the doctor pulled it out, your movements began to cease. Before the medication coursed through your entire body, you saw Jensen standing in the door way. Next you knew, your eyes rolled back and your body went limp.

*************

Struggling once again to pull yourself from the fog, you open your eyes and let out a groan as you felt your previous actions taking an affect on your already sore body. "Baby, are you awake?" Jensen asked and you turned your head to match with his beautiful green eyes.

"So this isn't dream then? How long was I out?" You say, coughing from the dryness in your throat. "No, baby. This is all real. And, for today, just a few hours. But how are you feeling?" Jensen sighed and moved his chair closer. You nodded but stoped when what Jensen had just said hit you like a slap in the face. "Sore but wait- what do you mean for today?" You ask and Jensen takes a deep breath and looks down at his hands for a moment before looking back at you. "(Y/n), before today, you've been in a coma for a little under a month."