Fear of the dentist. (Requested) ✅

"It's okay Y/N. It's just the dentist." Taylor said in a calm voice trying to calm my nerves.

"I know. But I'm still scared. I always hated needles since I was a kid." Y/N said.

"You will do fine." Taylor said grabbing onto my hand.

We sat down and waited for awhile until a worker walks out, "Y/N?" A women wearing a blue outfit holding a clipboard asks.

I get up and walk up to the women, "Can my girlfriend back with me?" I ask.

"Sure. Right this way." The women said walking through the door and down a haul way.

Other dentists are back here working on paperwork or helping other patients.

"Sit down right here for me while I go get Dr. Anderson." The women said. 

I sit down in the dentist chair with a tray next to it.

The women goes out of the room and I start to panic,

My breathing starts to go uneven and I'm having trouble,

"Y/N! Y/N look at me honey." Taylor said calmly.

You do and Taylor takes your hand, "Y/N take deep breaths with me. Deep breathe in." Taylor said taking a breath, you did what she told you and she breathed out.

You breathes out with you, "Take a breathe in again." Taylor did and she takes a deep breath in.

You took another deep breath in and you breathe out.

"Are you okay now?" Taylor asks.

"Yes I feel a little better now." You said.

"Do you want to reschedule the appointment? We can go another day." Taylor said.

"No I want to do it now. If we reschedule I'll just get nervous again for the next appointment." You said.

"Up next is Y/N?!" A worker shouts.

"That's me." Y/N said.

"Please follow me." The worker said.

"Can my girlfriend come back with me?" You asked

"Of corse." The worker said and you and Taylor followed her into a different room.

Once you sat down in a chair another worker comes up to you,

"Hello Y/N. I'll be the one cleaning and looking at your teeth today."

"Hello." I said.

"Let's see what we have here." The dentist said.

"Sit all the way back on the chair for me please." The dentist said.

I did as I was told and sat all the way back the on chair, "I'm going to move the chair now." The dentist said and the chair moved back down low enough for him to look in my mouth.

The dentist puts a napkin around my neck and grabbed his tools. My heart begins to race looking at the pointy tools.

"Are you going to start poking let?" Y/N ask.

"No. I'm just going to look in your mouth right now." The dentist said.

I opened my mouth and he looks in my mouth and starts to move the tools around my mouth but doesn't poke anything.

The dentist starts counting my teeth to the other dentist assistant with a stack of paperwork in her hands.

"She has all of her teeth. Can you bite for me?" The dentist asked.

I bit my teeth, "No over bite and no under bite." The dentist said.

"Can you open your mouth again for me?" The dentist asked.

I opened my mouth again, "I don't see any cavities." The dentist said.

"Do you floss?" The dentist asks.

"No." Y/N said.

It's not like I don't ever floss. I floss if I see the floss or some a spare in a cabinet.

If I don't fine one I just forget.

"I do when I have them though." Y/N said truthfully.

"Okay. You just need to floss some more. I see some of the gums are agitated." The doctor said.

"Other than that you are good to go." The dentist said.

"Thank you." Y/N said getting up off of the chair.

One of the dentist workers has me a little goodie bag of a new toothbrush and toothpaste.

"You did so good babe!" Taylor said happily.

"That wasn't so bad this time." Y/N said.

"Let's go eat ice cream to celebrate." Taylor said and we walked out of the dentist's office.

__________________________________

Author's Note

Thoughts? Please vote and comment.

                                    -Wunderstruck1313