Power outadge. ✅

It's been raining all day in LA.

Normally it's beautiful outside with blue sky's and the sun is shinning down bright burning your skin. But today it's dark cloudy. The wind is blowing like crazy and the rain pouring down into your pool the water looks like it's going to over flow into the backyard any minute now.

"Want to do puzzles?" Taylor asks holding up some new boxes she got online.

"Sure!" You said happily grabbing a box.

Five hours later and you and Taylor are still trying to finish the first puzzle. You thought it would be easy but it turns out this one is harder than it looks.

Suddenly there was a loud thunder right above the house and the lights turned off.

You and Taylor both gasp in surprise and the cats run off the couch into another room hiding somewhere.

"Oh no. Where are the flash lights?" You ask grabbing your iPhone and turned on the flashlight setting.

"I think they are in the closet in the guest bedroom. I'll go see." Taylor said turning on her flashlight on her phone and she slowly walked through the room in the dark.

You followed Taylor behind her to help look for the flashlights.

Taylor struggles to look in the closet as you walked in the bedroom. You shine the light and Taylor gasps.

"There it is!" She shouts and reaches up on the top shelf pulling down a big box. Taylor puts it on the bed and opens it.

Taylor grabs camping flashlights out and turns them on. They flicker and shine brightly.

"Oh thank goodness they still work." Taylor said.

You help Taylor turn all of the lights on and bring them down into the living room. You both place the camp lights through out the room and place random flashlights in other parts of the house.

"There we can walk through the house without bumping into anything now." Taylor said.

"What are we going to do now?" I ask.

"I don't know. I wonder how long the power will be out for." Taylor said.

"What to try to finish the puzzle?" I asked.

"Yeah. It will keep us entertained until the lights come back on." Taylor said.

We finished that puzzle quickly and started to do another one. We finished that puzzle as well and then we decided to color. The storm outside is still happening and we can hear the wind blowing stronger.

Suddenly the lights turned back on.

"Oh yay!" Taylor yells.

"Finally." I shouted.

Just as we thought the power outage was over the lights turned back off.

"Shit." I cursed.

"Ugh. The power is going to be out all night because of the wind." Taylor groaned.

"Well in that case I'm going to go to bed." I said grabbing a flashlight.

"How about we both sleep down here with the flashlights?" Taylor asked.

"That sounds fun! Like camping!" I said.

I went up into my room and changed into my pajamas in the dark was a little difficult but I did it. I grabbed my pillows and blankets and carried them downstairs.

Taylor moved some furniture around and put down some blankets and sleeping bags on the ground. I put my blankets and pillows on the ground as well.

"It looks so cozy." I said sitting down.

"Do we have enough blankets? You won't get cold will you?" Taylor asked.

"I have enough." I said. Taylor must have brought down all of the blankets in the house.

We both laid down and cuddled next to each other. Just as we got comfortable all of the lights in the house turned back on.

"Oh the power is back on." Taylor said.

"Are we not sleeping out here anymore?" I asked.

"We can still sleep out here. We can turn off the lights." Taylor said getting up to turn off the living room lights.

"Can we make popcorn now?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm starving." Taylor said walking into the kitchen.

____________________________________

Author's Note

Thoughts? Please vote and comment.

-Wunderstruck1313