Lost in the woods ✅

Taylor and I went on a weekend getaway up in the mountains in a cute cabin. It was so peaceful. And the mountain's where so beautiful. Also I've never seen the sky that clear in a while. Taylor and I had so much fun spending time together and stayed up all night doing activities.

It's now Sunday evening and we are currently in the car on the ride home.

"Are you sure it's this way?" Taylor asks as she's driving.

"That's what my GPS is saying on my phone." You said looking down and it says we are going the right way.

"Okay. It just seems like we have been driving for a while and we still haven't been on an on-ramp for the intersection." Taylor said.

"Huh the GPS says the on rap should come up on the next turn." You said looking at my phone.

Suddenly I got better reception and my GPS recalculated and it shows the on rap is in the other direction.

"Shit! we are going the wrong way!" You yelled in frustration.

"Ugh!! And we can't turn around anywhere. This has been a on way road for half an hour to who knows how long." Taylor said.

"Uh oh! It says that there is a small gas station up ahead." You said.

"Oh thank goodness. We can turn around." Taylor said.

"But it says we will arrive there in an hour." You said.

"Great." Taylor said.

As we drive on the road I look out the window seeing all of the tall pine tree's. They go on for miles and the mountains up here are beautiful. Suddenly it starts to get foggy and hard to see. Taylor tuns on the lights of the car and drive more slowly.

Soon after that it starts to rain hard.

"Crap now the road is slippery." Taylor said.

"Drive slowly. The last thing we want is to crash into the woods and get lost." You said.

Suddenly we see a figure in the middle of the road.

Taylor slams on the breaks and the car slides a bit before it comes to a complete stop. Taylor and I scream in fear until we realize what is in front of us.

A damn deer.

The deer looks at us and let's out a loud call and runs back into the forest.

"Shit that was close." You said.

"Let's get out of here and go home." Taylor said and started the car.

We continued to drive in the fog for half an hour when finally the sky started to clear up and we started to see civilization as there a small town up ahead.

"I know where we are. There is a on ramp to the highway." Taylor said.

"Finally." You said and we continued on our way home.

____________________________________

Author's Note

Thoughts? Please vote and comment.

-Wunderstruck1313