124

MONOLOGUE (NO POV)
The silent treatment is a very known term for Harry Styles. He has spent most of his life silent, and giving people the silent treatment. It is a control mechanism; and everyone knows how much Harry loves control. The silent treatment can be a difficult pattern to break because it's so entitling. Once one gives up the silent treatment, they can't go back to it because it defeats the purpose of power. When one person is getting the silent treatment, it forces their minds to go to great extents not knowing what the other person is thinking. The silent treatment pushes people to their limits, it can eventually make people extremely irritated and angry, but mainly because they can't discuss and fix the problem, their just forced to let it sit. Harry Styles is a very known man for giving the silent treatment- but never receiving it.

Amelia Adams

"Are we gonna talk about this?" Harry comes up next to me in the kitchen. I look down at the awake bird in the drawer, looking back up at me. I stay leaned over the counter, running my finger down the blue bird back repeatedly.

"Amelia." He says for my attention.

I'm not speaking to him, not right now. We can take some time before arguing. He needs to understand why I am upset, why I reacted the way I did. I don't want to fight with him, but I just can't ignore what he said. So I'm going to just ignore him all together right now. It may irritate him, but I don't care.

"Oh so you're not speaking to me now?" He speaks again. I can see him turned to face my side in my peripheral vision, but I'm not turning back to him.

"Amelia this is dumb, c'mon." I can tell he's shaking his head, getting irritated.

I still refuse to answer him. I don't want to deal with this right now so I wish he'd just leave me alone. He needs to think over why I'm irritated.

"Okay fine whatever, fuck this." He states before walking away and out the kitchen.

I roll my eyes and keep running the back of my index finger along the bird, watching it while it looks around. I really hope this bird does get better. Hopefully I'm not just playing make believe and it's actually slowly dying. I want to be able to let this bird free so it can enjoy the rest of its life.

I smile down at the small animal before waking over to the fridge, opening it up to grab a bottle of water. Once I close the door, Harry is suddenly standing there looking at me. I jump a bit in surprise but it was more on the inside rather then the outside.

"Are you really not going to let me explain myself?" He says, but I just walk by him. He can explain himself all he wants, he doesn't need me to respond for that.

I walk past him, brushing shoulder as I do so. I start heading past the living room and up the stairs towards the bathroom.

"You can't just ignore me forever." He says while following me like a lost puppy as I walk into the bathroom.

I get to the tub and turn on the warm water, hearing it slap against the tub. Hopefully he gets the idea that he should leave because I'm about to shower. But if I know Harry, I know he's not going to give up that easily.

But if he knows me, he know I won't either.

I turn back around to see him sitting on the closed toilet seat, his hands in his lap like he's not planning on moving anytime soon. Good thing I'm more comfortable with being naked in front of him now, because if not then this would've been a lot harder.