192

Niall Horan

I sit at the edge of my bed, hunched over and lacing up my runners. It was a good morning for a run, I was dying to get out there and do a few miles before it got hot outside. The morning was always the best time too go, because once the sun came completely out it got way too warm.

I put in my earbuds and stand up, putting on a random playlist that consisted of heavy rock and a little bit of 80's pop but no one needs to know about that.

I walk out of my room, shutting the door and walking down the stairs. It was about nine in the morning and I was eager to just feel the cool breeze of the morning forest air hit my face.

I walk swiftly down the stairs and through the living room, going to pass the kitchen. But as I was passing, I stopped when I saw Harry standing with his back to me. He was leaning against the island counter top, waist below covered. Their was things on the counter like eggshells and butter. Was he making breakfast?

I arch my brow seeming that he wasn't moving, he was gripping the counter behind him, keeping his head tilted forward. I take out my one earphone to hear the sounds of heavy breathing.

"What are you doi-"

Harry jumped in reflex, not realizing I was there. He turned just his head around just enough to know it was me.

"Uh hey what are you doing up?" He keeps his back to me and behind the counter.

"Going for a run.. why are you just standing against the counter and staring at the ground? Is everything okay?" I knit my eyebrows together, just really confused.

"Y-yeah it's all good. Have a good r-stop!" He chokes on his last sentence and whispers that last word to the ground in front of him.

What the hell is he- oh.

"Ew dude are you not alone over there?" I cringe while connecting the dots.

I swear if this bitch is getting his dick sucked right now I'm throwing myself off that bridge near the concession.

Their was a brief moment of silence, him not responding but eventually I see Amelia stand up and appearing from behind the counter in front of Harry, making eye contact with me in embarrassment.

"Oh my god you guys are going to hell." I shake my head, grossed out.

"We didn't expect you to be awake this early Ni, sorry." Amelia says with burning cheeks.

"Yeah because it's not like I go on a run every morning." I say sarcastically.

"Sorry." Harry couldn't help but laugh a bit, causing Amelia to swat at him.

I roll my eyes and put up my hood, "Bedroom isn't that far guys." I say while putting in my earphone and jogging towards the door.

The fresh air was nice- it was a little colder then usual but getting into the later months I knew it was just going to get colder. I ran down the driveway and out onto the cement road. I tried jogging through an actual trail through a forest one time but I tripped on a rock and scraped my knee, so since then I just stick to the clear road. I don't care what anyone says, scraping your knee fucking blows.

I don't want to seem like a little bitch but getting a scrape is so painful.

When I jogged, my feet always seemed to lead the way instead of my head. I never had to stop and think where to go next. I could be lost in my thoughts and before I know it, I would have been running for nearly an hour. Going for a run in the morning was always a perfect time to clear my head, especially when you have the life that I do. Jogging relieves stress, and you can't be all stressed when you have to do something like ambush Salvation or kill someone.