146

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

"Alright, we need to start making moves before they find us." I sit down at the table, my eyes still puffy from sleep. Niall and Louis sit in their seats at the table, coffee mugs between their hands.

"Why the fuck do we always have these meetings so early?" Louis groans in a complaint.

"Because it's better to just get it over with so we can actually get shit done today." I run my hand back through my hair in exhaustion. It was about nine in the morning.

Amelia storms in the kitchen with bright eyes and long flowing hair. She wore my large black sweater and a pair of black tights, a glowing smile on her face.

"Hey!" She smiles to us while walking to the counter top where the bird is sitting in the empty drawer.

"You're up early." I say in amusement, seeing how energetic she is.

"It's a beautiful day so I thought I'd take Chester outside to see if his wing works yet." She smiles while grabbing the wood drawer.

"Yes, please get that swine out of here." Niall mutters under his breath. I roll my eyes and ignore him, looking back at Amelia across the room.

"Alright good luck." I chuckle.

She smiles and opens the backdoor, walking out into the spring air with the bird in the drawer, shutting the door behind her.

"Okay can we please just discussed that guy that deliberately smashed into our car and attempted to kidnap Amelia?" Louis says.

"Yeah, how the hell did they know where you guys were to smash into you?" Niall adds.

"I don't know. If they knew where we were then they would be reigning down on us right now. Is everyone's phone gps' turned off?" I ask.

They both nod, all of us exchanging looks.

"Their shouldn't be any reason for a tracking source then, so how the hell was he in the exact right place at the right time?" I ask.

"Fuck if I know. Like you said, if they could track us- they would here by now." Niall shakes his head, already looking stressed.

"Well we need to plan an attack, it's been nearly three months since the fight. My first priority is Amelia's safety, but we can't keep playing hideaway any longer. The paranoia of them finding us is draining." I let out a sigh, twisting the rings on my fingers.

"And you know what's really fucking shitty? Not one person is heard from Liam. It's been three months and he won't answer his phone, he wasn't seen at the party, and whenever I asked people about where they thought they saw them- no one had any information." Louis says.

Everyone goes silent, my eyes glancing to the empty seat where Liam used to sit.

"He.. maybe be gone guys." Niall murmurs.

Liam gone completely off the grid with no track of where he could be. He won't answer his phone and no one has seen him, he's dead. He's dead and we all know it but no one wants to talk about it. It's been the elephant in the room for months now.

I clear my throat to cut the awkward silence.

"We need to move forward. If he's gone, theirs nothing we can do to bring him back." I sit up more straight on the chair, running my hand back through my messy bed head.

Niall stares at his mug on the table, turning it a bit with his fingertips like he's in a trance.

"Yeah, move forward." Louis murmurs with the same low amount of enthusiasm.

I guess it's just better if I start to talk and change the subject.

"So we need to hold another meeting, not a party this time- like an actual meeting. Maybe we can use that old warehouse that we would keep our vehic-" my phone makes a subtle ring noise in my pants, making me fish my hands through my pocket and pull it out.

"Did you get a text?" Niall ask.

*Amelia Adams: 500 yard radius boundary detected*

"No-" I take out my phone and read the screen, making me stand up and look out the window to see Amelia peacefully sitting at the very far end of the large backyard with the bird. "It just the barcode thing on Amelia, I used to use it to see where she was at all times when I was gone at work so she couldn't get away. But I guess it still gives me a notification every time she's more then five hundred yards away." I scratch the back of my neck and sit back down.

"So you can tell where she is at all times because of the barcode?" Niall arches his brow.

"Mhmm, she doesn't know this though." I murmur.

"Wait wait wait." Louis shakes his head to halt the conversation. "How did you hook that up? I thought the bare codes just were used as key passes underground?" He asks.

"They are, but I set it up with Erica on the computer to get her location from the microfibres in the ink. It kinda comes in handy now if anything happens to her." I cough a bit and tuck my phone back in my pocket.

"So what you saying is..." Niall starts. "You can track where she is at all times through your phone?" He asks.

"Yep." I nod, making both Louis and Niall look at me with the same worried expressions on their face. Am I missing something?

What the hell is their problem and why are they staring at me like this? Are they shocked she has a tracking system in her barcode tattoo? I'm not crazy, I just a small... GPS system...

"Oh fuck!" I curse when the metaphorical wall hits me, standing to my feet.

"Yeah! What if Salvation somehow hacked into that system or already have so they can see exactly where she is!" Niall stands up with me.

"That could've been why they knew where to find you in the car!" Louis puts the puzzle pieces together.

"No. If they already knew where we were then they'd be here right n-"

Speaking of which, Amelia walks back through the door with the drawer, her hair all messy from the wind and the bird still with her. I swallow the lump in my throat, feeling the tension fill the room as we all look at her.

How the fuck do you tell your girlfriend that you've had a tracker installed in her skin for months? And more importantly, how the fuck do we expect to get it off?

//