198

Niall Horan

Strapped to a metal table, that's where I was when I woke up. My wrists were cuffed, my ankles, and my forehead. I instantly went into a state of panic, but when I squirmed my body I felt pain. My ribs were definitely broken, I could feel it. And my knee felt busted while my head ached.

I was hit by a car- that's what I remember. I was jogging, got hit by a car- and saw Liam throw me into a trunk. Liam was in a jean jacket- he was apart of that unknown gang.

He betrayed us.

I had no idea where I was but the ceiling was white with a piercing light while the walls were tiled. I couldn't piece together how I got here but I know I couldn't move, I couldn't even move my head.

My mouth was dry in desperate need of water while my lips were so chapped that they tasted of blood. Breathing hurt like hell, and I just wanted to die at this point.

I heard the door open and dainty footsteps walk in, but not being able to see considering my head couldn't move. But soon enough I saw the person standing above me, and it was Erica.

Erica in a jean jacket.

"You missed me babe?" She smiles down at me, covering the bright light with her head.

My eyes widened but I could barely speak, I didn't even know what to say. I was confused and lost.

"Wh-what are-" My voice was dry and weak as she cut me off.

"Don't speak, I know you're too weak." She rests her hand against my cheek, brushing my skin with her thumb. Her touch was always so light and soft.

"You don't deserve this Ni, you were one of the good ones if anything." She forms her lips into a line while speaking down to me as I fought to keep my eyes open. "You were so good to me." She adds while keeping her blue eyes glued to mine.

"You are an angel under all those tattoos and bad habits." She strokes the hair off my forehead. "But sadly, this is out of my control." Her voice becomes more demanding, leaving my confused at what she's getting at.

"Er-Erica wh-" I try to speak again.

"Shh." She places a finger over my lips. "Let me just explain to you rather then you trying to speak with that worn out voice." She hushes me softly.

"I was undercover for Deception, going to find the leader of Malignant. But thanks to you, I got the answer a lot quicker. So thank you Ni, really. And since you helped me out so much, I can offer you a really good deal. You see, I was just gonna let them kill you- but after you were so sweet to me, I want to give you a chance. You can be apart of this gang." She smirks.

"I don't wa-"

"Shh. Niall seriously you'll just wear yourself out more. I know it seems crazy to leave Malignant but Deception is really so much more rewarding. You're protected by Salvation and will never be hunted down again. Without Malignant, we will rule the world. Don't you want that Ni?" Her voice tunes down to a gentle whisper.

"Why did you use me Erica?" My voice was raspy and barely audible. "Did you ever actually care about me?" I add, feeling like an absolute idiot for letting any of this happen.

She pouts and rubs my cheek again.

"Niall, you were very special to me. But my heart belonged to someone else- it always has." She ignores half of my question.

"Does this guy your with know you've been sleeping around with other guys to get answers?" I say with spite in my weak choppy voice.

She chuckles a bit a nods, "Of course babe, he's the one that put me up to it." She laughs like it's normal.