Chapter 34 : Realization

*Toshinori's POV*

"Toshi, how are you feeling?" she asked, sounding so worried.

CRAP! I completely forgot about it!

"A little bit light headed." I started acting like I was dizzy.

Mei immediately rushed to my side to support me from walking. "You should get some rest." she suggested.

"You want to lie down?"

I nodded.

She carefully lay me down on my bed. "Toshi, do you need something? A tea or something for you to eat?" she's very caring as always, just like when I first met her. It makes me fall in love with her even more.

I shook my head.

"Just stay with me. I really missed you a lot."

She smiled and sat beside me.

"Okay then."

"Hm, if you want to watch some movies there's a bunch of DVDs under the coffee table." I don't want her to feel bored.

"Nah, I want you to get some good rest. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough* it's a real cough okay, not an act.

She got up from the bed, but I held her hand which made her stop from walking away.

"Mei, please. Don't leave me." I mumbled under my breath as I stared into her eyes.

"Toshi, I'm just going to get some water for you to drink."

Ever since she started ignoring me at the Academy, my mind went chaotic.

I was too afraid to lose her. I don't want her to kiss any other guy and most of all I don't want her to fall in love with somebody else.

Mei, I'm so sorry that even me as Toshinori Yagi was able to ignore you for a few months. I was just contemplating about my life whether I deserved you or not. But one thing is for sure, I can't continue to live another day without you by my side.

Ignoring her both in my Hero Form and normal state will be a big lose for me. And I realized that I can't ignore her completely.

I might sound selfish, but Mei only belongs to me.

"Toshi." she said while gesturing that I should let go of her hand.

"Mei, would you still be there for me even if I get really sick? Like really really sick. More, like dying perhaps?"

My condition is getting worse. My quirk will soon disappear and I will be left with nothing but this weak body of mine.

Her expression suddenly changed. She's about to cry!

"Hahaha I was just joking." I exclaimed, hoping that she won't shed any tears from that gorgeous eyes of her.

She sat beside me and squeezed my hand. "Toshi, don't say that. You're scaring me."

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you to leave me hehe."

"Sick or not, I will never leave you alone. Remember that, okay?" she kissed my forehead before letting go of my hand. "Now, I'll just go get the water."

I blushed. I touched the area where she kissed me. It's been a while since I felt her lips on my skin.

~~~~~~~

"Here." she helped me drink the water.

She lay down next to me, our faces are only a few inches away from each other. We're not flustered at all. Staring at her lovely face is like gazing at the beauty of the universe. I wonder what she's thinking right now.