Chapter 42 : We're Done

*Mei's POV*

I tightly covered my mouth, stopping myself not to whimper out loud.

Toshi lied to me? All this time he's been lying to me? Izuku knows the truth. Who else? Why did Toshi kept this as a secret from me? Can't he trust me?!

To my shock, I was brought down to my knees, I can feel the tears filling up my eyes. I immediately covered my face with my hands. It was a silent cry.

I heard a loud thud and when I look at the shore again, Izuku and Toshi are gone.

I  need to confront him about this.

I decided to head towards Toshi's house to wait for him.

He lied to me..........

*Toshinori's POV*

Midoriya-Shounen and I just spent 2 hours of mind training. After that, we headed back towards the City. I accompanied the young boy until he gets home.

I took a cab and stopped by at the convenience store to buy some shatorade, I kinda feel dehydrated.

Then I decided to walk since my House is not that far from the store.

I still need to pick up Mei, but first I should take a quick shower. I smell like a hundred year old sweat.

As I was nearing to my property, I can already see Mei waiting outside for me. She was just standing outside the gate.

I can hear her sobbing. Why is she crying?!

"Mei!" I worryingly exclaimed as I ran towards her.

She's shivering. She was embracing herself while looking down on the ground.

"Mei, what happened? Are you okay?" I asked again.

I touched her arm but she moved away.

"Mei, what's wrong? Please. Tell me."

She slowly raised her head and looked at me.

"Mei, your eyes are so swollen." I attempted to brush the tears away from her face but she moved back.

"Mei. You're making me worry. Are you mad? I was just hanging around with a colleague of mine from work." I said.

"Liar." she spat.

"How long do you intend to keep on lying to me?" she asked. Her voice turned cold.

My heart started to pound.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I thought I could trust you. But you're the same like the others. You're no different from them."

"Toshi. Everything you told me was a lie!" she yelled as tears began to fall from her eyes again.

"Y-You can't trust me, do you? All Might?"

*thud*
*thud*
*thud*

My heart rate is getting fast. How did she find out?!

I gulped.

I can feel my throat getting dry.

This is the day that I never wanted to come.

I actually got scared.

She looked at me filled with tears. Her voice cracked. I can really tell how much I've hurt her.

I walked towards her form, but before I could reach out for her hand, she slapped me real hard across the face.

"I trusted you! I told you everything! Yet I wasn't aware that I was looking stupid in front of you!" she yelled.

"Mei, please let me explain!" I said, grabbing her hand but she kept on shoving it off away.

"Explain? Do you think I would actually believe you after what you've done? All the things that you've told me was a lie! Your work! Those clothes! About Izuku! And maybe those stories you've told me about your past!!! I-I can't trust you anymore! There's too much lies going on here! For these past 10 months you were lying to me!!! You were making a fool out of me!" every word she says is crushing down my heart, I can feel the venom that she spat towards me. Mei despise me now.

"Mei! Everything wasn't a lie! I NEVER LIE WHENEVER I TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU!!!"

"Toshi, if you really do love me, then why lie to me?"

"M-Mei, I was just too scared that you might not accept me for who I am!"

"Toshi. Do you think I'm just after the looks? I'm not that kind of a person that you're thinking of. You think too low of me."

"I-I was just scared. I thought I don't have any chance for you when I'm in this kind of state, that's why I decided to-"

She cut me off.

"No matter what you say, the damage has been done. You did not just lie Toshi, but you even made me look stupid. I was so wrong to trust again. I shouldn't have trusted you in the first place."

She turned her back on me.

Mei gasped for an air before saying the words that I never wanted to hear from her.

"We're done."

*Mei's POV*

"We're done." I coldly said , even though saying those words are killing me deep inside my heart. But I just couldn't take the reality that our relationship are all full of lies. He blinded me. He played me. He kept me rolling within his palms and most of all, he played with my feelings and messed it up.

"Mei please!" Toshi hugged me from behind.

He started crying as the rain also poured from the sky.

"Don't leave me." he mumbled.

I can feel his body transforming.

"I was just so in love with you to the point where I desperately used my advantage to get you."

I let out a quick chuckle of disbelief.

"So in short, just because you're the Number Hero you immediately thought that it's really possible for me to fall in love with you?"

He didn't respond.

I turned around to face him and slapped him again.

I never fell in love with All Might because of his looks or reputation. I fell in love with him because he's a really funny guy, clumsy and very protective.

"Mei, that's not what I mean."

"Stop lying."

"Mei, please. Just hear me out."

"Just like what I've said. We're done."

He tightened his hug on me.

"Please, listen to me first."

"Toshi! You just played my heart!!!!!" I yelled as I tried my best to get away from his arms.

Now I know why All Might and Toshi gives off the same vibes, it's because they're exactly the same person.

I can't love a person who is full of lies.

"Let me go or else I'll be forced to use my quirk on you." I said.

"I won't let you."

I did everything I can until I was able to free myself from him.

I ran away as fast as I could until I can no longer see him. He didn't chase after me at all.

I went back to my apartment and cried just behind the entrance door.

Minutes later, my doorbell continuously rang. I can hear Toshi's voice calling out for my name, but I ignored him. Next thing I knew, I fell asleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~