Chapter 44 : The Truth

*Mei's POV*

The day is finally over! I extended my arms up in the air and cheered as I walked out from the Academy.

As I reached the gate, All Might suddenly appeared in front of me dabbing. "I'll walk you home!" he said while showing me his signature smile.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked passed by him.

He followed me.

I hired a cab and waited for it to arrive outside the campus. As soon as my service arrived, All Might pulled out some money from his pocket and paid the Cab driver to leave.

"What are you doing?!!!!!" I yelled.

"Haha I want to spend some time with you! Alone!"

"No."

"I'm not asking for your permission."

All Might suddenly grabbed me by the waist and flew off in a very unimaginable speed!

"Eeeeeek!!!!!!!! Put me down you moron!!!!!!!" I shouted as I keep on hitting his arm.

"You'll fall, you know hahaha." why the heck is he laughing?!

"Where are we going?!" I annoyingly asked.

"It's a secret."

"Tch. Whatever."

So he brought me to the beach. I'm still stuck in his arm though. He walked towards the Gazebo and gently put me down on the ground.

"So?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Can you listen to my explanation
first?"

"There's nothing for you to explain. It's already done. You're a coward. Hiding the truth from me and making me look stupid. Who else knows about your secret?"

I asked, crossing my arms.

"The Faculty Members."

"So they also knew huh. I guess everyone has fooled me then."

"J-Just don't get angry at them. I was the one who asked them a favor not to tell you about my true condition. But believe me, they didn't knew the whole reason behind it."

I stayed silent.

"To be honest, the injury you saw in my body was caused by a villain named All For One. This is how I really look, but because of the damage I took, I lost my stomach and damaged some of my organs. My body also got emaciated from the repeated surgeries. That's why, you know. I became sickly and thin."

He finally told me the truth.

But seriously, the damage he took is really crazy. All Might sure is really strong for bearing that kind of blow.

I looked at him feeling slightly concerned, but I forced myself not give in with my emotions.

"And the reason why I'm training Midoriya-shounen, is that because he's the successor of my Quirk." he added.

Huh? What do you mean?

"Huh?" now I'm really curious of what he's talking about.

He sigh.

"Okay. Uhm, I am not a natural born hero. I was quirkless, I just inherited this quirk from my mentor. One For All, it allows the user to access stockpiled power, which grants the user momentary superhuman strength at destructive levels, increased agility and superhuman speed. I already passed my quirk into Midoriya-Shounen, but he still needs a lot of training in order to fully master it. When the times comes that he will fully inherited my quirk, I will no longer be able to work as a Hero since this quirk will disappear within my capabilities. And I don't know what will happen to me after that."

The information that he told me just shocked me.

But still, that doesn't erase the fact that he just lied to me. He really can't trust me.

"Mei, I'm very very very much sorry that I lied to you. I was just scared that you might not accept me in my weak state. I know, I admit. I was a coward. I pretended to be two different persons just to get you. I was so desperate since I really fell in love with you since the day we both first met each other back at the alley. I wasn't expecting for you to work at the Academy and when I saw you during that day at the Headmaster's Office, I felt so happy. I'm really sorry. I-It's just that, this is my first time falling in love with someone."

Still, that's not an excuse to lie.

"Just like what I've said Toshinori. I was already used for countless of times and I'm already sick of it. A lot of people had lied to me over and over again and I can't tolerate that kind of treatment anymore. You see, I was being fair to you. I told you everything. But what did you do? You still keep on lying to me and made me look like a fool. I'm sorry, but for now. It's kind of hard for me to forgive you."

"You even let another girl kiss you! I don't know what's gotten into you to ignore me! But letting another girl to kiss you is just unacceptable!"

"She's the one who suddenly kissed me!"

"I don't care!"

"I pushed her away after that."

"Really? I didn't saw it."

"Well, it's because you suddenly ran away!"

"I don't believe you."

"I'm telling you the truth."

"And what's up with the act for ignoring me?"

"I just did that to protect you! The villains were after you and you almost died. B-Because of me! It was my fault that you were hospitalized for a few months!"

"I never blamed you for it!" I yelled.

"You don't know exactly how I felt when I saw you laying down on the hospital bed half dead! It's like someone had pierced my heart! I couldn't bare to watch seeing you like that!" he yelled back.

"So that's why you decided to ignore me and hurt my feelings in order for me to completely forget you?! What you did was the most hurtful thing you could ever done to me! So what if the Villains were after me?! If you're always by my side, I know! I know that you could protect me! And I can protect you too! Ditching me just like that without any explanation really sucks! It hurts." I gripped my chest as tears slowly fell down from my eyes.

"I'm really sorry Mei." All Might attempted to hug me but I shrugged his hands off away from me.

"I could care less about what you really look like. I fell in love with Toshinori first! But lying to me is something hard for me to accept! I'm afraid that you might do it again! If you were just being true to me since the  beginning, everything between us right now could be better!"

"Mei, if you could only just give me one last chance. I'll make everything right between us. Please."

He turned himself back into Toshinori.

"I-I'm sorry. But for now, I-I just can't..." I slowly walked away from him, but Toshi grabbed my hand and pulled me in to a hug.

"I love you. I really really do love you. So please, stay. I can't afford to lose you."

"Toshi. I loved you. But you didn't take good care of the love that I've given to you. I'm sorry." I slid his hands away from my waist and walked away.

"Mei. I promise I'll do everything to make you mine again."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~