Chapter 12: Running In The Forest

Shay's POV

Chris, Ryan, and I have been walking around the forest of what seems like forever, and still no sign of anyone else, "I think you were misinformed, because I haven't see a single soul out here besides us." Ryan grips loudly, out of the corner of my eye I suddenly see movement in the trees behind us, "I think someone is watching us." I whisper to Chris as the sound of leaves moving catches out attention, I fling the dagger out of my sleeve as it strikes right where the noise came from, "That's my girl." Chris kisses my lips and heads over to the tree to investigate. "I don't see nothing." Chris comments checking the area carefully. Suddenly I kicked in the back by something or should I say someone, as I fall to the forest floor I see a flash of green and brown jump from one tree to another heading deep into the forest, "Chris! That way!" I yell pointing in the direction I saw the shadow run off. Chris and Ryan waste no time going after whatever is lurking in this forest and I am not far behind the two of them. All I can make out is a blur of someone running in the forest, this blur leaps over a group of branches landing with ease and keeps going. Ryan uses his magic pushes the branches out of his way, and right as Ryan touches the blur he is suddenly flipped over it and collides with tree falling into a bunch of brush. This person suddenly leaps off a rock cliff and over a giant waterfall, and to my utter shock somehow lands perfectly on the other side of the waterfall. The person looks back at us with their yellow eyes, "Who is this?" Ryan asks as the three of come to a stop at the waterfall, I can tell that it is a female, she has dark brown hair that almost looks like it's coiled, but other than that I can't make anything else out. The girl smiles a conniving and sly smile before taking off again full speed, "What are we waiting for?" Chris uses his magic to get us across the waterfall, and Ryan does the same. "Spilt up, there is one of her and three of us." I nod my head and take off down the middle, Ryan takes off on right, and Chris takes off the left. The three of run as fast as we can somewhat catching up with the mystery woman, and right as I am to tackle her she moves out of the way causing me to crash into the ground hard. The mystery woman jumps from the edge of another cliff over to the left side of the forest, and Chris is right on her tail. The woman bounces from one tree to another, "This time she's mine!" Chris roars bouncing off a tree and right as the woman bounces off her third tree her and Chris elope around each other, Chris crashes through a broken down tree, only missing her by a few inches. The woman looks behind her to see Ryan right behind her, Ryan lifts his hands throwing a tree branch at her, but the woman flips in the air sideways dodging the branch all together. Ryan and I stop in our tacks waiting for Chris to join us. "WHERE IS SHE!" Roars Chris destroying things in his path, "She went this way, but we can't catch her." I say completely out of breath, "She has to have some kind of lair around here." Chris eyes burn bright yellow, "I have had enough of this woman's games." I know that Chris is using his magic to track the woman where ever she is Chris will find her. "She is hiding out in a tree not far from here." Chris's eyes go back to normal and the three of us head to finally meet this elusive woman. It might have taken a while but we finally find the tree that Chris told us about, the tree looks like any ordinary tree, but at the base of it is a is an opening, "She is in there." Chris says with anger in his voice, I think that he is embarrassed that he got beaten by a girl. As the three of approach the opening the woman slowly steps out almost like a slithering, now I can see that she has a snake necklace around her neck, a dark green lace top, a golden snake bracelet on her left wrist, a black ring with a dark green emerald on her right hand, a pair of black jeans, and a pair of high heels that look to be made out of snake. "Finally, you caught me." She hisses at us, "WHO ARE YOU!" Chris demands loudly, "Why should I tell you anything, I was just minding my own business when you three choose to attack me." She must have been talking about when I threw my dagger, "We were looking for you, I always knew that there were more on this island then the three of us," The woman lets out a cruel laugh, "There is only one other besides us, and you're wasting your time looking for her." I stare deep into the woman's eyes and I feel connected to her for a strange reason, "I know who you are, but I am wondering on how you got to this place." I step in front Chris and Ryan, "Your father and my father have a sketchy past to say the very least." I quickly whip a dagger to her, but the woman easily dodges it, "So much for cat like reflexes." The woman climbs into the tree and hangs down from her knees, "Is your father here, or did he make onto the Isle of the lost like mine did?" The woman twists her body around show she is now on her stomach, "My father helped your father find a way to the Isle of the lost, and in the end Shere Khan once again showed to never trust villain, even one you think has your back." The woman hisses at me, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!" Chris shouts so loud that it shakes the forest, "My name is Kari." And I smile up at her, "She is the daughter of Kaa the Python." I say finishing introducing her.