Chapter 39: The Unknown Mansion

Heidi's POV

"Ben someone was just in your office." Ben looks behind him at me, "Who was it?" I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know, they wouldn't tell me who they were, they were dressed all in blue and left this note on your desk." I hand the note to Ben, "That might explain the sound of window breaking." I nod my head as Ben unfolds the note, "To find the answers you seek, you must go the mansion that is bleak. Here you will find at last, a woman that isn't from the present but knows the future as well as the past. Tell you everything you need to know, and everything else with follow in tow." Ben reads the note out loud. "What does that mean?" Mal asks looking at the note in Ben's hand, "I have no clue, I don't speak riddle." Ben comments confused like the rest of us. To the right of me I could Evie and Carlos whispering to one another and that strikes me as odd, "How could you put yourself in danger like that, you had no idea who this person was, anything could have happened to you." Harry scowled me gripping my hand with his hook, "Nothing happened, the person just snuck into Ben's office to leave that note and jumped out the window." I hated lying to Ben and Harry but right now it is for the best, I myself must figure out what the person in blue meant by the cryptic message he left me before jumping out the window, "You had no idea what you were walking into." I lean up giving Harry a kiss on his cheek, "I am fine Harry, and we have more important things to worry about, and that is mainly finding a way off this island." I turn my attention back to Evie and Carlos, "What are you two whispering about over there?" I ask making everyone turn their attention to the two of them, "I believe Carlos and I might have figured out the first part of the note." Mal makes her way over to Evie and Carlos with Ben and Jay right behind her, "What do you mean? How did you figure it out?" Mal asks really fast. "It obviously was talking about a place, and if anyone knows the layout of the Isle it's Carlos." Evie smiles at Carlos who beams with pride, "There is only a few places that match the description of a bleak mansion, and only one place that no one had been in." Once Carlos says that Mal and Jay suddenly understand what Carlos is talking about, "You think the message is pointing to the abounded mansion on top of sinful hill?" Carlos nods his head at Mal, "I would be willing to bet anything that is place the message is talking about." Mal looks at the note and then back at Carlos and Evie, "It is worth a shot." I start thinking about that what Carlos is saying and honestly it is completely true, my whole life here on the Isle no one has ever stepped foot even close to the mansion, but of course there are hundreds of made up stories about the place, some say the house is a historic landmark, others say that a bitter old witch lives inside and never comes out, and most people believe that the house is haunted. "Hold up, what are all of you talking about?" Ben shakes his head at the group, "Ben, there is a place that has been untouched for as long as I have lived here, and this mansion might be where we need to go." Ben takes a deep breath and lets it out, "That is all you needed to say." Ben turns towards the large crowd of people, "I want everyone here to search the Island for anyone that yo might know and tell them to head here as quickly as they can, we are going to need every person we can get when we break the barrier." Everyone nods their heads and head back towards the streets of the Isle, Ben turns back to Mal, "Lead the way my Queen." Ben smiles at Mal as she and the rest of her friends lead us towards the creepy mansion. It is so what of a long hike to sinful hill, but once we get to the top I can't help but feel a tiny bit of fear as I take in my surroundings. The large cement walkway, the dead plants in what I am guessing would be a garden, the large brick wall to the left of me with even more dead plants hanging off and around it, and further up is a gate blocking the house from the rest of the island. The house itself is surrounded around it's personal graveyard, the house stands as the biggest place on the Isle, and is made up of brick and black iron. "This place make me just as uneasy as it did when I lived here." I say shaking my body of the chills, "I'm not scared." Jay says with a smile on his face as he walks up to the large black metal gate, and right as Jay touches the gate the double gate doors slowly creak open, "I guess we are expected." Ben tries to joke as all of us make our way up to the house. I carefully follow the others taking every step with caution, you never know what might happen. "Wonder why no one traveled here, it was make a great hang out." Ben comments looking around, "Because no one wanted to release what might be inside." Evie says clutching her purse close to herself, "It's just a house." Laurel says but the ton in her voice tells me that she is scared. Once we reach the front of the house, I have to say that the house is more intimating up close then it is on the outside of the gate, "Should we knock?" Cory asks cowering behind Ben a little bit. Ben takes a deep breath before lightly knocking on the front door, but no one answered. "Well no one is home, maybe we should try some again some other time." Cory says as he starts making his way back down, "We need answers, and this place might be the key." Ben turns the doorknob and shoves the door open, "Okay, everyone spread out, if this note is talking about this place, that would mean that someone is here somewhere." We all look around the massive house, and I have to say finding someone in this house is like finding a piece of food Jay wouldn't eat on a dare. "If anyone finds anything, I want you to yell like your life depends on it." All of us nod our heads as we head off into different parts of the house trying to find the person in the message.