Chapter 30: Under New Rule

Heidi's POV

"What do you mean you are the King of the underworld?" Hadie sighs closing his eyes, "Where is dad?" Hadie opens his eyes back up, "I don't know, all I know is that I awoke in the throne room sitting in dad's chair." I hand Henry to Hadie, "Nice to finally meet my nephew." Hadie says with a smile on his face, "I just don't understand what is going on, we are back on the Isle, and dad is nowhere to be found." Hadie starts making funny faces at Henry, "Do you think everyone is here, or just us?" Hadie stops making faces and turns his attention to me, "I have no idea, I have been too nervous to go outside." I try as hard as I can to piece together what is happing, but there are too many pieces missing from this puzzle. "I have to find Harry, and you have to find Ella." Hadie's face turns sad, "If she is here, we have no idea what Chris and unstable followers did." A sudden flash of light appears and suddenly Chris is standing the middle of the room. Hadie and I try to attack him but we just go straight through him, and nothing we do seems to affect him, "If you haven't already guessed it, let me explain, I am not really here, this just a magical hologram of himself." I stare angrily at him, "The real me is safe and sound in my castle, I am here with an important message for all." Hadie hands Henry back over to me, "The time has come to forget the era of enlightenment as we usher into the era of benighted, and now a few announcements." Chris clears his throat. "People that use to be on the isle have been moved to the isle of the doomed and have a barrier over them that allows them to do nothing but wait for death." That explains where our father is, "People that use to be in Auradon are also trapped on an identical island like the isle of the doomed." I can't help but feel bad for the poor people of Auradon. "The pesky fairies that are nothing but trouble have been sent to a forest to live out their lives with their own kind." Chris sighs happily, "Now onto you all, and as the King of Auradarkness it is my duty to officially welcome the new and permanent residents to their new home, the isle of the exiled." The smile on Chris smiles the most dark and happy smile I have seen, "I won't spoil any surprises, but I will tell you this, there is a barrier over the isle." That explains why Hadie and I couldn't use your powers, "But unlike the pervious barrier I have made some modifications, you have WIFI now, The only TV channel you have is hour by hour updates on what is going on here, There are millions of hidden pods throughout the Isle that are able to transmit these holograms to everyone, I took care of the dull and boring dark cloud over the isle, everyone is free to what they want, and most of all no magic of any kind can be used within the barrier." Chris fake pouts, "Thank you for being forced to listen to this, and have an evil day." Chris starts laughing and just like that he's gone. Hadie and I wait a few just to make sure that he is really gone, "That explains a lot." Hadie says sitting down on the floor, "Our father must have been moved to the Isle of the doomed, and we still have no idea who is here and who isn't." I sit down across from my brother, "Mostly everyone from Auradon that wasn't an adult was sent here." I hear Calliope say, "Are you sure?" I ask turning to face her, "I have seen the what and who is up there, and that is why I would rather stay down here." I look at Hadie who is giving the same look I am giving him, "There is only one way to find out what is going on up there." I stand up as Hadie does the same, "I hate to be the one to tell you this." Clio starts as she stands next to Calliope, "Hadie cannot leave the underworld." Hadie stands there speechless, "What do mean he can't leave? Clio sighs, "Like your father, the King of the Underworld would need access to magic to be able to teleport place to place, and like Chris just announced no magic of any kind is permitted within the barrier." I look at my brother who looks defected and depressed, "So what you are saying is that I will never leave this place." I can see tears welling up in his eyes, "Unless magic returns to this place, I am afraid that you have no choice." I hug my brother tightly, "I will find a way to get you out of here, I promise." Hadie closes his eyes to hold back the tears, "You need yo get going to the surface." Hadie pulls out of the hug, "What are you going to do?" Hadie looks over at the muses, "I am going to learn as much as I can from these women about the underworld." I can't help but feel for my brother, he grew up being able to go where he wanted and do whatever pleased him, and now the one thing my father didn't tell him all these years was the one thing he needed to tell him. "Okay, I will be back with information as soon as possible." I hug him tightly, "Go on." I smile at my brother as I make my way down the blue river heading towards the door that separates the underworld from the Isle. I open the door and take a deep breath, trying to prepare myself the best I can for what I am about to see. "Alright Henry here goes nothing."