Chapter 24: Hidden Deep Inside

Heidi's POV

"After your parents were sent to the isle, the heroes gathered up all the evil magical objects that they could find and put them all in one place." Ben takes a deep breath, I already knew what he was talking about, but the look on everyone else faces were nothing but confusion. "This wing has a secret door that leads to where the villain artifacts are." Everyone start mummering to one another, "What is in there Ben?" Mal asks taking his hand. "You will see once we go inside, but before we do I needed a special artifact from inside the museum." Ben opens his jacket pulling out Fairy Godmother's wand, "Ben why do you have that?" Evie's worried voice asks as she wipes her head around. "Fairy Godmother placed a spell on the door to repel all villains, unless it is broken none of you can pass." I know Ben well enough to know that he doesn't know much about magic, from what I have learned about it all magic is different. "What will happen once you break the barrier?" I ask seeing the conflict of emotion on Ben's face, "I have made the decision to open up this part of the museum for the whole public to see, everyone needs to know the whole story, not just the heroes side of it all." Mal takes Ben hand, "I am proud of you Ben, you are showing that everything isn't black and white, and that there are two sides to every story." Mal takes the wand from Ben, "I think this is more my department." Mal smiles at Ben as Ben directs the wand to the where the door is supposed to be, "Bippity Boppity Boo!" Mal yells as sparks fly from the wand and a powerful blast ejects from the wand and collides with the invisible barrier. Seconds after the invisible barrier is struck the whole barrier is expelled shattering like glass. "Wow, that was some power behind that." Mal says looking down at the wand, "Now I know why you don't want anyone to have this." Ben smiles at her taking the wand back, "We should head inside." Ben calls over Jay, Carlos, Harry, and Hadie. All five of them push hard on the wall opening it up all the way, "And to think I never knew that was there." I say in a sassy tone getting a goofy look from Ben. "Ladies first." Harry says taking his hat off. Mal, Evie, and myself all enter the room with the guys not far behind. "Just follow the passageway and you will find it." Ben instructs from behind. It only takes us a few moments to navigate the hallway, and once we reach the end I am amazed at what is before me, the room is as huge as the all the wings combined, the walls are painted with a different color to represent that certain villain, and each artifact has it's separate place. "This place is magnificent." Evie comments as everyone walks into the middle of the room, "Welcome to your past." Ben smiles at us, "Look around." He urges us and that is exactly what we all do. The first room I enter is painted in black and red checkerboard pattern, and right away I knew who this room belonged to, The Queen of Heart's. as I walk further into the room to see that the room is made to look like a chess board, with a life like statue of The Queen of Heart's herself right in the center of the room, and around her neck is her necklace that Ben obtained after we defected Quinn and her friends. I run my hand along the heart shaped necklace before moving on to the next room. The room I enter next is painted in black and green, the room is in the style of a bleak castle, and in the middle of the room is the statue of Maleficent. I look around to see what artifact is in here but I can't seem to find it. "It's her staff." I hear Mal say behind me. My eyes now see that she is holding her staff, "This kind of looks like the one in the actually museum." Mal smiles and nods her head, "Yeah, but unlike that one, the staff in her hand is real." I walk away scared that the staff will awaken and head into the next room. Once I step foot into this room I can't help but laugh, this room is painted black and purple with the room made to look like a rundown old shop that I knew all too well, and the statue in this room is Dr. Facilier who is sitting down at a small table. I walk up to the small table to see Dr. Facilier's real life tarot cards in the middle of the table, after seeing that I waste no time getting out of that room. I find Evie in the next room, and once I look around I know why, the room looks like the inside of a castle that is painted green and purple, "Evie you okay?" Evie turns her head to me, "This room belongs to my mother." Evie says looking up at Evil Queen's statue, "Is her poisoned apple in her somewhere?" I joked laughing a little bit, "No, but her original magic mirror is." Evie points to the very large mirror hanging on one of the walls, "I am sure that it doesn't have any magic here Evie." Evie sighs and nods her head before walking out. Just as Evie leaves I feel a sudden cold wind blow into the room, and suddenly a gust of green smoke appears in the mirror. I freeze where I am as a creepie face appears in the mirror, "Before me stands the daughter of the dead, and the mother of a future King, step forwards and you may ask me one question." I look around to see if there is anyone else in the room, "Are you talking to me?" The face in mirror doesn't answer it just floats there. "What does the future hold for Auradon?" I ask wondering if maybe he will answer, "The future of Auradon has long been foretold, the final war approaches fast, in this war it matters not of others, but can only end when the chosen one of light battles the son of darkness." I am more than a little confused about what he said, "What do mean by that?" The face in mirror doesn't show any emotion, "I have answered your question, now you must figure out the rest." Just like that the face vanishes from the mirror." I wander into the next room only to discover that I am in the one place I hoped I would never see again, the walls are painted grey and blue, and the whole room looks like the inside of his throne room. I angry walk up to the statue, "Hello father." I say with venom in my voice.