Chapter 43: Where To Start Looking

Heidi's POV

As all of us make our way back to Auradon Perp I suddenly notice something on the back on Ben's shirt, "Ben there is something on you shirt." I walk up behind him and take it off. Ben turns to me and the look in his eyes tell me that he still hasn't let what happened might have happened in his office go, and I can't say that I have either, "It looks like the note I found in your office." I hand Ben the paper. "It is another note." Ben says with surprise in his voice, "But how did the mystery person in blue get this on my without me noticing?" I shrug my shoulders trying to think of an answer, "I haven't the foggiest clue." Everyone gathers around Ben to hear what the notes says, "Now you know all, so begins the search for the tiny red ball." I can't help it as my eyes roll, "He is defiantly talking about 'The Divinity.'" Evie comments from Ben's right side, "In a place covered by scum, this object is hidden where sea magic comes from." Again that is kind of easy to figure out, "We already know that Ursula had it before it went missing, and I would bet anything that it is hidden somewhere in her old restaurant." Everyone nodded agreeing with me. "That will be our first stop, and hopefully that will be the only place we will have to look." I sigh hoping the very same thing, but deep down I had a feeling that it wouldn't be that easy, I remember Uma telling me anything her mom kept hidden stayed hidden until she wanted it found, and if this object is real Ursula wouldn't want anyone to just stumble upon it. Suddenly all of us are blinded by a flash of light, "Greeting my subjects." I unfortunately I have come to know that malevolent voice anywhere, I turn my dark gaze to see Chris, "One of my associates has informed me that Benjamin and his friends are planning to break the barrier with help from a mystery person in blue, an unknown sorceress, and a woman trapped inside a crystal ball." This catches everyone off guard shocking us all, "How could he know about Madame Leota? We just left her only a few minutes ago." Mal asks gripping onto Ben's forearm. "I just wanted to tell you all in person that you little plan will not work, and if I were you I would just accept your new reality." This wasn't adding up; how could someone already have told Chris about what just happened. "Just remember every second of every day I know everything that goes on, there is nothing anyone can do." Chris takes a deep breath and plasters a fake smile on his face, "Have a horrible day." And with another burst of light Chris is gone. "He knows, somehow someone told him of the notes we have been getting from the person in blue." Carlos says with frustration in voice, "About the rumors of a woman with magic." Evie sighs sadly, "Even our meeting with Madame Leota." Ben falls to the ground in a sitting position. "None of can be surprised, the weird lady did warn us that someone was a traitor." Each one of starts looking around from one person to the next trying to figure out who was snitching to Chris. "I know that it wasn't me." Ben says with authority in voice. I knew for sure that Ben wasn't the traitor, but a nagging voice in my head kept telling me that no one in this circle was betraying us, and I believe that the snitch is someone outside this group. "Maybe it is Jay, I mean we all saw how quickly he wanted to get out of the room." Carlos pointed his finger at Jay, "I didn't do anything, I think that it is Evie, she has always been willing to sell herself out for material objects." Evie face is a mixture between anger and surprise, "What about Carlos, he has always been a follower." Carlos looked hurt at Evie comment, and that is enough to set me off. "Listen to yourself, this is exactly what Chris and his spy want, to turn us against one another." Everyone stops barking at each other, "if you look at the facts, none of us could be the one feeding information to Chris because none of us have been alone along enough to do anything." Everyone nods their head kind of understanding what I was saying, "We all need to keep a level head if we want any chance of breaking the barrier." Ben smiles at me, "Heidi is right, now let's go and search for a way off this miserable rock." All of cheer and head towards Ariel's Underwater Restaurant, everyone that is except for Harry. I turn towards him, "You coming Hooky?" Harry smiles at me nodding his head, "I will catch up, I just need a moment." I place Henry in my other arm as I sit next to him, "I know that you are having trouble will the side effect, but just know that no matter what Henry loves you, and more importantly I love you." I lean over kissing his lips that after all this time still taste like rum and sea salt.

Harry's POV

As I am kissing Heidi I suddenly hear something in my ear, "She is lying to you." Says one voice, "She is trying to make you feel better." Says another voice, "She worries that you are too dangerous to be around the baby." Says a third voice. I pull out of the kiss with Heidi and look around to see no one but the three of us. "You okay?" Heidi asks looking me puzzled, "Yeah, everything is fine." I say taking a deep breath, "Time to face the facts Harry, and this time you can't run away." I shake my head, but I can't help but think that I am starting to lose my mind.