Chapter 18: The Sorcerer's daughter

Shay's POV

The four of us arrive at the bottom of the mountain, "You are sure that you have seen someone here?" Ryan asks Kari un-impressed, "Believe me I know this forest like the back of my hand." All of jump in different directions to avoid the sudden bolt of lightning. "Okay, I believe you." Ryan groans out. Before any of us can make it back to our feet we are flung backwards, "I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, OR WHAT YOU WANT? BUT I AM ONLY GOING TO GIVE YOU THIS WARNING ONCE! LEAVE THIS PLACE NOW OR SUFFER MY WARTH!" A voice echoes from the top of the mountain. I look closer to where the voice came from, and just catch a glimpse of a someone running into the mountain. "Kari was right, I just saw someone run into the mountain." I get back up onto my feet, and the others do the same. Chris huffs and starts making it up the mountain, we all look at each other and start right behind him. Just as we reach a point in the mountain where there is a ledge, we all see a hidden opening, "This should be how this person is getting in and out." Ryan comments as the four of us make our way into the mountain itself. "I can't see a thing, it's too dark in here." I remark clutching Chris's hand tightly, "How anyone navigate through here is beyond me." Ryan says when we hear a sudden sound of something hitting something else hard. "OW!" Yells Chris, "Ryan are you ready? I have had enough of stumbling in the dark." Ryan and Chris must have used their magic because just like torches are lit brightly leading the way. "Much better." I sigh happily kissing Chris's cheek. We walk a long way, taking a lot of twist and turns along the way, and we finally reach what I think is the center of the mountain. The walls of course of made of the mountain itself, in the middle of the place is a massive circle surrounded by lave that has some weird writing on it, in the middle of the circle is a pedestal with a small table in the middle, to the left of the place is a throne area that has four little steps leading to a throne chair made out of animal and human skulls, and to the right is nothing but mountain. The four us make our way further into the room, "I would have never thought a place like this would exist inside this mountain." Ryan almost sounds impressed about what we are all seeing. The sound of footsteps is heard getting closer and closer till someone is standing in the doorway, "INTRUDERS!" she yells and flings her hands outward sending us flying backwards, I am stopped by hitting hard into the mountain. I fall to the floor in much pain, "I don't like people who snoop and stick their nose where it doesn't belong." Once the girl steps into the light I can see her clearly. She has pitch black hair, wearing a black lace dress with a dark green sash over it, and a pair of black high heels. "ENOUGH!" Roars Chris as he grips the unknown woman by her throat, "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF EVERYONE THINKING THAT THEY RUN THIS ISLAND! NOW EITEHR TELL ME WHO YOU ARE, OR I WLL RIP YOU APART PIECE BY PIECE, AND THROW YOU INTO THE LAVA BELOW!" I stumble back up to my feet, "I am not afraid of you, I have already lost everything." Chris tightens his grip, "Don't think that I will give you a second chance." The unknown woman gasps for air, "Let me go, and I will tell you anything you want to know." Chris drops the woman to the floor, "NOW TALK!" The woman regains her breath, "My name is Rachelle, I live here." I make my way to Chris's side, "Care to explain why you are invading my home?" Rachelle stares daggers at Chris and I, "Kari said that she might know a sorceress that could help us." Rachelle scoffs at us as she erupts with laughter, "I have no intention on helping anyone but myself." Kari steps closer to Rachelle, "How did you end up down here?" Rachelle's laughter stop suddenly, "I have been down here for as long as I can remember, I have been trying every spell I can think of in order to finally get my long awaited revenge on Anastasia and Dimitri." Rachelle tosses things off the table into the lava below us, "Anastasia and Dimitri?" I say out loud to myself, "What did Anastasia and Dimitri do to you?" Chris asks. Rachelle spins around to face us, "They destroyed my father, they destroyed the only family I have ever known." A loud eruption comes from the table in front of Rachelle as she performs a spell of some kind. "What is your father?" I ask although I kind of already knew given from the details that Rachelle already revealed. "My father is the great and evil sorcerer Rasputin, otherwise known as the traitor that sold his soul to your father in order to take revenge out on his enemies." I have heard stories about her father, but I just thought that is was made up, "What we could offer you the one thing you want?" Ryan speaks up. Rachelle stops what she is doing and turns to Ryan, "What do you mean?" Ryan smiles and let outs his unique laugh, "You see, the four of us have a plan to turn everything everyone knows completely upside down." Ryan waves his hand making the scroll appear, "In my hand is the one thing that can give all of us everything we have dreamed of and more, the most powerful curse that has ever been created, and you dearie, are the final piece of the puzzle." Ryan waves his hand and vanishes, but he suddenly reappears alongside Rachelle, "You have my attention." Rachelle says at a smirking Ryan.