Chapter 53: Broken For All

Heidi's POV

"May I ask who exactly you are a descendant from Estella?" Ben asked with a little hesitation in his voice, "My mother played the biggest part of bringing your mother and father together my King." Ben tilts his head to the side, but I think I kind of figured it out, "Your mother is The Enchantress." I say with a small smile, and the smile is returned to me from Estella. "You mean your mother is one that placed the curse on my father and his whole kingdom?" I am not sure how Ben will react to this meeting. "Yes Ben, that was my mother." Ben is quite and I can't say that I blame him. "You have magic here?" Mal asks taking Ben's hand in hers. Estella nods her head waving her over herself and suddenly she is covered in green smoke. When the clears Estella is no longer in her green dress, she is now wearing dangling sliver earrings, a dark green crop top, a necklace with a green pendant on it, light green jean shorts, and a pair of brown sandals on her feet. "I feel much better, you have no idea what it is like to wear dress when it is this hot outside." She jokes lightheartedly. "Estella, why is this the first time any of us are meeting you? Yzla said that you lived in Auradon the whole time." Evie asks brushing her blue hair out of her face. "Yzla is correct, I have been in Auradon since Ben was crowned king, in fact the day of his coronation was the day I arrived." I was clueless because I didn't show up till way later. "You have explaining to do, and you can start from the beginning." Estella takes a deep breath before telling her story. ""I arrived to Auradon after my mother got word that you were going to let children of villains attend Auradon Prep, it was only then my mother told me that is was the first sigh of darkness finding its way to Auradon, and I wasted no time making my way to Auradon." Estella sits down on one of the barrels, "When I first arrived I will admit I thought my mother was talking about Mal and her friends." Mal just nods her head kind of understanding why Estella would think that. "But after they defected Maleficent, I started to wonder if my mother was wrong, and that is when I decided to stay in shadows, and swore that I wouldn't reveal myself until the time was right." Estella sighs deeply, "It felt like a hundred years had passed but finally I overheard Carlos and Jay talking about a girl named Uma, and how she captured Ben." I look to the ground because I can only imagine what she is thinking right now. "And then I spotted Uma and Heidi arrive on Auradon." Estella turns her eyes on me, "I kept a very close eye on the two of you, and was there the whole time." I know that someone was watching me the whole time gave me goosebumps, "At the Cotillion I thought the time had come to reveal myself, but Heidi choose light over darkness, Mal saved Ben, and Ben reasoned with Uma." I feel Harry place his arm around my shoulder. "I was there when Quinn and her group of associates try to break the barrier and escape to Wonderland, I was there when Sienna and Savannah crashed the royal wedding, and also when Sienna and Savannah invaded Auradon, and I was also there when Chris cast the dark curse." Everyone looks stunned, "This whole time you have been there, just hiding in the shadows." Mal remarks in astonished, "Recently I know that you had a run in with a friend of mine, a person you call the mystery man in blue." This catches all our attention at the same time, "You know the person in Blue?" Ben asks quickly, "You have much to learn Ben, but I can tell you that you have a coven of powerful magic ready to help whenever it is needed." Mal is the one to speak this time, "Tell us more about this coven." Estella smiles at Mal, "This coven is called 'The Balance' our job is to keep balance between light and darkness, neither can become more powerful than the other." Ben nods his head but I know Ben well enough to know that his head is filled with questions. "I am here to help you break the barrier, and I cannot do that unless I have the divinity." Estella holds out her hand. Ben turns around and looks at me, "Give me the Divinity Heidi." I nod my head not wanting to disobey the King. I reach into my pocket and pull out the object that everyone seemed to be trying to get their hands on. "Of course Ben." I slowly place the divinity into Ben's opened palm. "Thank you." I incline my head as I sign of respect to the King. Ben turns back to Estella who holds out her hand to Ben, "If you trust me, you will have no reason not hand it over." Ben hesitates for a moment not sure what exactly to do. After a few seconds Ben nods his head to Estella and places the object in her hand. "Your mother saved my father many years ago, and now it is your turn to save me." Estella smiles at Ben before walking past all of us and stops right at the edge of the dock, "You will save more people than you can ever imagine." Estella raises the divinity to her face waving her hand over the object. The tiny red ball begins to glow brightly and I believe I can hear it humming. "The magic inside has been awoken." Estella pulls her arm back and launches the divinity high into the air, and suddenly the divinity clashes with the barrier. A large resonating explosion is heard and as we look around everyone sees that the barrier is now starting to disintegrate.