Chapter 26: The Story Of Bridget

Heidi's POV

"Your sister?" Mal asks finally speaking up, "You have a twin sister?" Evie asks sounding very complexed about it, "Yes, I have a sister." Ben sounded ashamed of this for some reason, "And your parents choose to lock her away inside that urn?" Mal said pointing the urn behind her, "You don't know the whole story." Ben started but Mal cuts him off, "I don't need to know the whole story, there is nothing you can say to make that okay, and to think that you have known all this time." I know where Mal is coming from, Belle and Beast decided to lock their child up just like all of us were locked up on the Isle of the lost. "My mom and dad had no choice at the time." Mal scoffs at Ben, "You taught all of us that everyone has a choice." Ben closes his eyes for a moment, "THEY WERE SCARED OF HER, AND IF ANYONE FOUND OUT ABOUT HER SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE ISLE OF THE LOST LIKE THE REST!" Ben yells as loud as he can, "Ben, what do you mean? Why were Belle and Beast so scared of their own daughter that they thought putting her in an urn was for the best." I ask stepping up to Ben, "My sister wasn't born normal, at a young age we soon discovered that she gifted, only her gift was more of a curse than a gift." I know that betraying his family like this can't be easy for him, "We thought that the ability would either go away on its own or she would grow out of it but she never did, soon enough some people started thinking that what made her special was given to her by the devil himself." This makes me tilt my head in confusion, "People started demanding that my sister be sent to the Isle, but my parents wouldn't let that happen so they went to Yen Sid seeking his advice on what was going on." I move to Ben's side, "What did he find out?" I know that Ben is close to losing it emotionally, "Yen Sid told my mom and dad that Bridget had the ability to making anyone feel burning pain in their mind, and that is why everyone was scared of her, she had no control over this." Everyone is speechless unsure what to say, "What did it feel like?" Carlos asks, "Yen Sid said it was like he was experiencing the worst moments of his life, fire spread and covered every cell in his body inside and outside, and it can only be lifted by Bridget herself." This wasn't making any sense to me, "Ben, I am more than a little confused, how on earth did you sister get that ability, when neither of your parents are gifted?" Ben runs his fingers through his hair, "My parents asked that very same question, and I am going to tell you what Yen Sid told them." We all wanted to hear the answer, "Yen Sid told my parents that the reason Bridget somehow got that ability was because of my father and the magic from the enchanted rose." We all nod our heads starting to understand what Ben is telling us, "So the magic that made your father a beast rubbed off on your sister and gave her this horrible ability?" Jay asks making sure that he was up to speed on the story, "That is what Yen Sid said." I wasn't sure if I was buying this story or not, "Years went by and my family and I did everything we could to keep Bridget out of trouble, but that all came to an end when Bridget used her powers on purpose and used it in an evil way." This must be how the poor girl got stuck in that tin can all these years, "Bridget wanted a certain boy to ask her to the dance, but he asked someone else, once Bridget heard of this she was so angry and upset that she incapacitated all of Auradon Prep." A tear rolls down Ben's cheek, "After that my mom and dad had no choice, Bridget was starting to use her gift for evil and turned our school into her own personal kingdom, threating anyone who dare not obey her wishes." Ben takes a deep breath, "My parents were desperately trying to help Bridget but nothing they did worked, with each passing day she would get more evil and cruel, finally I skipped school one day and found Yen Sid telling him everything that had been going on, and once I finished telling him he told he that he could help us, but that it would come at a great cost." Ben walks over to the urn, "The next day Yen Sid came to my parents and explained what he needed to do, and later that night when Bridget came home from school Yen Sid was waiting for her," Ben runs his hand over the top of the urn, "My sister somehow knew what he was there for and tried to use her power on him but it didn't work, instead he told my sister that he brought her a gift as a symbol of his loyalty to the crown, and the gift was the urn." Ben closes his eyes and I knew that this was the part of the story that was going to be hardest, "Bridget believed him and opened the urn, and just like that she was sucked inside and has never been released since." All of us stand there still in utter shock that this had happened, "Yen Sid placed the urn in here and cast a spell on the whole kingdom of Auradon to forget that Bridget ever existed in the first place." Mal runs over to Ben giving him a tight hug, "I take back everything I said, and I will never bring this up again I promise." Mal kisses Ben lips softly, "How long has it been?" Jay asks suddenly, "Almost seven years." Ben wipes a tear away from his eyes, "Your parents did the right thing Ben, who knows what would have happened if Bridget would have been left unchecked." Evie comments walking away from the urn. All of us hug Ben before walking out of the room. "Such a touching moment, too bad that is all going to come crashing down." Says a voice from in front of us. Standing in front of us are 5 strangers.