Chapter 45: Talk Of The Future

Chris's POV

After giving my message to the people of the Isle I see Kyle walking through the doors with a group of men carrying in what I asked Kyle to bring to me, "Is that it? Is that truly the one and only magic mirror?" I ask standing up from my throne. Kyle smiles a wicked smile, "Directly from the museum of Villainy, my King." Kyle bows to me as the group of men set the large mirror in front of the set of stairs leading to Shay and I, "Thank you Kyle, and on your way out inform Ryan that I wish not to disturbed." Kyle bows one more time before him and his workers exit the room closing the doors behind them. "I can't believe that I am going to get the answers of all my questions." I slowly make my way down the set of steps and soon enough I am standing in front of one of the oldest and most powerful items in all of history. "Chris?" I hear Shay's voice call to me. I turn my attention away from the mirror and to my girlfriend, "This mirror doesn't seem to be working." I let out a laugh before turning my gaze back to the mirror, "That is because I have to evoke the magic." I take a small step back, "Slave in the magic mirror, I summon thee. Speak, and let me see thy face." I chanted loudly. Seconds later the inside of the mirror is filled with fire, and out of the fire appears the mystery theatrical mask floating in a world of darkness. "Before me stands the son of darkness, ask me anything and I will give you what you seek." An evil smile curls along my lips, "It is a pleasure to finally meet you." I say tilting my head as a show of respect to the mirror, "What is the reason for you summoning me?" The face asks with no emotion in his voice or his face, "The reason I have summoned you here, is because I have a question for you, and I know you will give me the correct answer." The face says nothing just floats there, "Ask your question." The face speaks after a long pause, "Magic mirror I wish to know what my future holds in store." I grin knowing that my future was dark and full of evil, "Ask a different question, the answer you seek might not be what you think." I growl at the mirror, "I already told you what I want to know." The face in the mirror, "Are you sure you wish to travel down this road, once something is learned it cannot be un learned." My patience is growing thin, "I DEMAND YOU TELL ME MY FUTURE!" I roar as loud as I can to the face, and the sound of Shay laughing makes me crack a smile, "Your future has been set in stone, you will lose everything when face to face with the chosen one." My eyes darken upon hearing what the face says, "Who is the chosen one?" I take step towards the mirror, "The chosen one's identity I cannot say, only when the time is right may he once and all be revealed to all." This mirror wasn't telling what I wanted to hear. "All the heroes are trapped on my isle, so I have already have defected the chosen one." I sneer at the magic mirror, "Your barrier will fall, and the final war with begin." I scoff at the mirror, "My army is far more powerful than anyone on the Isle." I turn my back to the mirror and start walking back to my throne, "The heroes have everything they need, but scattered are the pieces of this puzzle." I sit down in my chair, "Magic Mirror, what does my future hold?" I hear Shay ask quietly, "Your future is intertwined with the man you love, to escape this fate you must hear my words." Shay leans closer off her chair, "Your voice is beautiful and can be used in many ways, when the heroes arrive you must think of what is best for you and not what is best for the man your sitting next to." I know that the mirror is trying to turn my Shay against me, but I know that will never happen. "What is best for me is what is best for my King." Shay snaps wrapping her arms around me, "Then your fate is sealed, to live a life together you shall have." I blast the mirror with my dark magic but my magic reflects off the mirror and blasts one of my walls, "My magic is an old as any, and now I will give you one final truth." I roll my eyes not believing in a single thing this old hunk of junk has to say, "I give you this final warning, during the course of the final war, the time will come when the heroes will reach you. Your magic, and your army will not be enough, and beware the mystery man in blue. Once he steps foot in the castle, the chosen one will defeat you, sending you back to where you came, trapped forever all villains with stay." Before I can ask anything the face in mirror vanishes leaving an empty large mirror. "That was a total waste of time, I think it is time we place that old relic back where it belongs." I look over at Shay and I can see the concern shining in her eyes, "You don't believe what the mirror said do you kitten?" Shay sighs deeply, "I know every little about the magic mirror, and from what I know, the mirror is never wrong." I stand up from my chair and lean over Shay, my shadow covering her completely, "Listen to me, that mirror knows nothing of the real future, he just likes to act like he does, the heroes are far away, and can never escape." Shay just nods her head, "That's my girl." The doors suddenly burst open and in runs Kyle and Ryan. "For evil sake, what is it now?"