Chapter 25: Family Secrets

Heidi's POV

"All my life you made me feel like I was never good enough to be your daughter, I was not worth loving." I stare deep into in eyes of the statue, "You talked down to me, you made me worthless, and when I did something good you would show me your true nature." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, "You would talk down to me so badly that I would feel like an ant compared to you, or if yelling didn't work then you would lock me up in the basement with no food or water until you felt like I had learned my lesson." I could feel the tips of hair on fire, "You did so much horrible things to me that I have a hard time trusting anyone especially men, you twisted my mind so badly that it has taken years of me being in Auradon just to start healing from being raised by you." A small laugh escapes my lips, "But I was lucky because I had it easy, unlike my poor big brother, you were more cruel and evil to him then you ever were on me, you would slap him around when he didn't listen to you, make him feel like he needed you, and when nothing of that worked you did something that I will never forgive you for, you would burn his bare body as punishment." I take the Sickle out of his hand, "That is why my brother trust no one but me, that is why he wears a shirt all the time, to hide what you have done to him, you mentally and physically abused your own children, and just because you were angry or upset." The anger erupts from me, "We WERE YOUR KIDS! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LOVE US AND PROTECT US FROM THE WORLD! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PROUD OF US AND ENCOURAGE US! BUT INSTEAD IT TURNS OUT THAT YOU NEEDED US MORE THAN WE NEEDED YOU, AND I CAN FINALLY TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE BENN WANTING YOU SAY TO YOU ALL MY LIFE!" I pull the statue down on the ground, "I HATE YOU! I HATE THAT YOU ARE MY FATHER! THAT MY SWEET BABY BOY WILL KNOW ONE DAY THAT YOU ARE HIS GRANDFATHER! I HATE THAT BECAUSE OF YOU HADIE IS THE WAY HE IS! I HATE THAT NEITHER OF US EVER FELT WHAT REAL LOVE WAS UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE! AND THAT IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! I pick up the sickle, "I am drawing a line through my past, you can't hurt me or Hadie anymore, I am done with letting what you did to me define who I am. YOU HEAR THAT FATHER! YOU LOSE!" Right as the sickle is about to smash the statue someone grabs it, "I think you have done enough." I look up and through my blurry vision I see Hadie, "Why are you stopping me?" Hadie takes the sickle from me, "This is father's actually sickle, the very tool that rules all of the underworld." Hadie smiles as he admires the item in his hand, "I couldn't help but over hear your conversation with father." Hadie puts the sickle on the ground, "I have had so much emotion built up for so long, I saw the statue of him and that is all it took." Hadie places his hand on my shoulders, "He can't reach of here Heidi, it's time to put the past in the past and move on." I hug my brother tightly, "It's okay Heidi, no one will ever do things like that to you ever again." I lift my head off my brother's chest and wipe the tears away from my eyes, "Thank Hadie." Hadie smiles down at me, "What are big brothers for?" I laugh as the two of us walk out the room. I wander into a room that gives me the chills, the whole room is painted gold and by the looks of it the room is styled to look like a forest, "Wonder who this room belongs to." I walk further into the room to see a statue sitting down at a giant spinning wheel, "Who are you supposed to be?" I walk to the statue to see that the statue is supposed to be someone called Rumpelstiltskin, "Never heard of you I'm afraid." Something suddenly catches my eye on the table beside the statue is a clean spot on a table covered in dust, judging by the looks of the clean spot I would say that it was a book, and this book was now gone, "Ben!" I holler loudly. Moments later Mal, Evie, and Ben walked into the room, "Yes Heidi?" Ben steps up beside me, "What special artifact should be in this room?" Ben looks around to see which room we are in, "Rumpelstiltskin's spell book." This only causes the panic in me to rise even more, "I think someone has been here." I point to the where is missing book should be. Ben eyes go wide, "That is impossible, no one knows where this place is, and villains couldn't get past the barrier." Evie and Mal just look at one another, "Why would someone want a dusty old book?" Evie comments looking around the eerie room, "That spell book contains very dark magic." Suddenly we all hear Jay's voice echoing through the place, "Ben!" We all hurry out of the room and enter the room Jay was in. The room itself almost looks like the Belle and Beast's cathedral, which doesn't make any sense to me. There is no statue in this room, the only thing in this room is a pedestal, and on that pedestal is a solid gold urn. "What is this?" Jay points to the urn, "It's nothing, we should get out of here." My mind suddenly remembers the conversation Ben and I had in his office just a days ago, "Is that Yen Side's magic urn?" I ask turning towards Ben, "You told me that this was down here but you never told me why." Ben face turns as white as a ghost, "The reason that Urn is down here is because the urn isn't completely empty, there is a person that is trapped in the urn." Everyone one of us look at Ben with nothing but pure shock on our face, "This person was put there by the Yen Sid himself after my parents asked him for his help." The room is silent, no one is saying anything. Suddenly someone speaks up, "Who is trapped in that Urn Ben?" I see Mal walk up to Ben, "I can't tell you, I swore to my family that I would never tell anyone, and that is not changing." Ben starts to walk out but Mal grips his hand, "I have a right to know, as your wife and as the Queen of Auradon." Ben pulls his hand away from Mal, "If I told you the truth everyone would hate me, and never forgive me." I can tell that Ben is desperate to keep this family secret, no matter what it may cost him in the end, "I am your wife, I love you, and nothing you tell me will ever change the way I feel about you." Mal take Ben hand in her own, "The Kingdom of Auradon will be affected drastically, and as King I will never put my people in that kind of jeopardy, end of discussion." Hadie and Carlos block the doorway, "Why does this urn have you so scared?" Evie and Jay start trying to open it, "LEAVE IT ALONE!" Ben roars loudly, "You must not think much of me as your wife because if you did you would share what seems to be something very personal about your family." Ben angry groans in anger, "YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHO IS IN THIS URN? HER NAME IS BRIDGET, AND SHE IS MY TWIN SISTER!" This makes everything goes so quite that you can hear a pin drop.