Chapter 37: The Uncrowned King

Heidi's POV

Once I told everyone what I found out none of us wasted time and made our way to the first stop on our list, "Aladdin's Treasure Shop?" Cory reads the misleading sign in the window, "It used to be called Jafar's Junk Shop." I say walking into the store, "Jay!" I shout and the sound of someone fumbling around catches our attention, "Man is it good it see you all, I was starting to think that no one was going to figure out I was missing." Jay brushes off the dust off his clothes, "Someone will explain everything, but we need to hurry, you are just the first stop." Jay nods his head following us back out into the streets, "Next stop is Evie." I sat as all of head towards Castle Across The Way. "So this castle belonged to the Evil Queen?" Cory asked looking up at the high castle, "Yeah, millions of different rooms and most of them had mirrors in them." Gil knocks on the door and just like that the door opens revealing Sebastian and Star. "I should have known you two would be trapped here." I push past them and head inside the house, "EVIE!" I yell as I run up the long spiral staircase, "EVIE!" I yell again as I reach the top I see three different hallways with at least a dozen different rooms, "Why couldn't she live in a simple home." I say out loud to myself, "HELLO!" I hear Evie's voice echo down one of the hallways, "EVIE!" I yell back trying to figure out where she was, "I'm down here!" Evie yells back, but that doesn't help me figure out what hallway she might be down, "WHICH HALLWAY!" I holler to Evie, "THE HALLWAY CLOSET TO THE GRANDFATHER CLOCK!" I look around like a mad woman and spot a large clock down one of the hallways. I run as fast as I can with Henry in my arms trying every door, but all of them are locked. I start pounding on each door and yelling Evie's name and of course I am at the last door at the end of the very long hallway. "EVIE? ARE YOU IN THERE?" I ask pounding as hard as I can on the door. "Yeah I'm in here, but the door is locked from the outside." I look down to see no key, "We are going to have to bust it down. I just barely move out of the way just in time for someone rams themselves into the door shattering the door in pieces. "Gil, you could have seriously Henry or I." I say angrily staring daggers at Gil who is brushing door off of him, "You said to bust the door down." I smack Gil upside his head, "I didn't mean for you to tackle the door like a tourney player." Gil rubs the back of his head, "Evie come on, we need to get going, we still need to pick up Carlos before we head to Dragon Hall." Evie picks up her things that I guess she is going to need. "What are we waiting for?" Evie and I rush outside as Evie hugs and talks to the others, "COME ON GIL!" I holler as loud as I can, and seconds later Gil runs out, "Sorry, I was kind of busy ramming through a door." I laugh and pat his head, "Thank you for being super strong." As Evie is talking to the others we all head towards Hell Hall and hopefully to find Carlos. "Why is this place named Darling Passage?" Jay asks before opening the door, "My guess is that its named after Cruella's enemies the Darlings." I say walking inside, "Yzla said that Carlos was is in the maze below this place." I hand Henry to Cory as I make my way over to the staircase that leads upstairs, "Carlos and I use to date, and we spent a lot of time in this very place." I could hear Harry growl behind me but I didn't say anything. I open the small closet under the staircase and push open the secret wall, "Carlos always said that this place was full of mystery." I crawl into the small space, "Carlos!" I yell standing up in the much bigger room, I carefully make my way into the room, "Heidi! DOWN HERE!" I hear Carlos yell and I suddenly hear a dog barking. I quickly follow the barking noise down another staircase and once I reach the end I see why Yzla said what she did, the whole basement is like a giant rat maze, "CARLOS!" Is too dark to see but I can make out one large shadow and one small shadow. I soon see Dude running towards me with Carlos not far behind him, "How did you manage to find your way out of the maze?" Carlos picks up Dude in his arms, "I know every inch of the maze, I use to study it when I wasn't doing chores or hanging out with the gang." I sigh happily giving Carlos a huge hug, "It is so good to see you safe and sound." I pull out of hug and smile at him, "We should get going, before everyone thinks that I got lost or even worse then you and I are doing something we shouldn't be doing." Carlos leads the way as the three of us make our way back up to the main level. "My Dog." I hear Hay say as he fist bumps with Carlos, "Now all we need to do is search Dragon Hall for Mal and Ben." Carlos nods his head as Evie, Jay and him walk out and we all head towards the last destination. Where Dragon Hall once stood now stands Auradon Prep. "Well at least the school came with us." Jay commented and right before any of us could take a step the doors of the school opened up and out walked Mal and Ben, "You have no idea how long it has taken me to find you two." Behind Mal and Ben was everyone from Auradon, and everyone that I had ran into the last couple of days. Everyone rushes out and greets one another, I walk up to Ben giving him the biggest hug of all time, "I missed you too Heidi, I can't tell you how much I worried about Henry and you." I pull out of the hug to see the look Ben was already giving me, "Stop, Harry will have no problem making you disappear for good if he catches you looking at me like that." Ben clears his throat and fixes his shirt, "Ben what is the plan?" Laurel asks making everyone get quite and turn to Ben with the same question on their mind.