Chapter 62: The War of Good and Evil Conclusion

Heidi's POV

"You are the man that I saw in Ben's office, Madame Leota mentioned you when she explained a lot of things to us, you are the one that lead us to the divinity, and Estella said that you are part of a coven called the balance." I recall the events that this man has recently been in, "Are you finally going to tell us who you are?" Ben asks steps in front of the man in blue, "My name is Mark, and I am the son of Merlin." Mark bows to Ben as he announces himself. "Heidi is correct with what she said, Estella, and myself are just two of the four members of the balance." I think for a moment and then I comment on what Mark just said, "Madame Leota, she is a member of the coven." Mark looks past Ben smiling at me, "You are much smarter than anyone gives you credit for Heidi, Yes Madame Leota is indeed a member of the coven." Ben sighs looking at Mark, "I have so many questions that I don't know where to start." Make places his hand on Ben shoulder, "I am here only because the time has come for this ear to come to an end, and to make sure that the fate of the world is decided in fairness." Mark turns his attention to Chris, "And given your reaction to my arrival, I can only guess that the magic mirror revealed my purpose here, and what that means for you." Chris growls darkly, "I am not sacred of you, I make my own destiny, and I will remain king forever." Chris flings his hands out as dark magic comes out and heads straight for Mark. Mark grins before starching his arms out, and right as the dark magic is about to blast Mark the dark magic is stopped in it tracks. "I'm sorry to disappoint you Chris, but your magic is no match for mine." Mark flings his arms towards the celling and the dark magic blasts the celling making a giant hole. "The time has come for the chosen one of light to do battle with the prince of darkness." Mark raises his hands and powerful magic creates a barrier over Chris and Ben. "This barrier will keep Chris and Ben inside, and the rest of us outside." Chris laughs his evil laugh making his way down the steps, "I am going to enjoy putting my sword through the heart of Auradon, and once you are out of the way I will deal with the rest of the residents of the Isle of the exiled." Chris waves his hand and suddenly a sword appears in his hand, the halt of the sword is made up of sliver, and the blade of the sword is blackest blade I have ever seen. "Time to see if the light put its faith in the right chosen one." Ben raises his sword, "Or maybe your father put his faith in a failure of a son." Chris swings his sword around and around as his sword clashes with Ben's causing Ben to back up until Ben stops backing up and start blocking Chris's attacks. Both men seem to be evenly matched, Ben kicks Chris away for a moment and runs up one of the pillars with Chris not far behind him, Ben flips backwards as Chris blade slices the pillar into two. Chris bends backwards and swipes his sword at Ben who easily blocks it, Chris bends all the way back placing his hands firmly on the ground and kicks himself back up in front of Ben slashing his sword left, right, up, and down. As the two swords cling against each other repeatedly, Chris slashing his sword as Ben side steps him to avoid the blade, "I would have thought the prince of darkness would be more of a challenge, you are less skilled then the Auradon fencing team." Ben smiles as the points his sword at Chris, "We will see about that." Chris spins his sword around slashing at Ben while he does it, and this causing Ben to think fast on his feet, and as the two swords block each other Chris reaches over taking Ben's sword away from him. Ben maneuvers around Chris taking his sword back and the two again to clash each on trying to get the upper hand. Chris's blade swipes against Ben's as Ben ducks and rolls, "Why do you want this? You are not your father Chris, and you shouldn't be doing all of this just because you think it would get his approval." Ben says panting a little bit trying to catch his breath, "You have no idea of what I truly doing, this has nothing to do with my father, and as a matter of fact I owe you a thank you." Ben looks at Chris like he has lost what is left of his mind, "Because if it wasn't for your family uniting the heroes against the villains, my father would have never been sent away, and that would have made my life unbearable." The way it sounds Chris is happy that his father wasn't around, and given who is father is I can't say that I blame him. Chris jumps high into the air bringing his blade down with him, Ben swings his sword blocking the blade and kicking Chris in the gut sending him back a few inches. Chris wastes no time in getting back to his feet, Ben smiles twirling his sword around in his hand, "If this isn't about your father then what is all this about?" Chris closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, "This has all been all for my mother." Everyone one of us look at him shocked and astonished. "You know who your mother is?" Ben asked a little more surprised than I think me meant to sound. "Of course I know my mother." Chris swings his blade as the two men once again battle for dominance, and it doesn't take long for both men to be staring each other down with only their blades keeping them apart, "Who is your mother?" Ben asks and Chris just starts laughing, "That is my personal information, but if you really want to know you could just ask my father himself." Ben pushes the two of them apart and Ben closes his eyes. Suddenly Ben's sword starts glowing brightly, "I am ending this once and for all." Chris swing his sword but to all our amazement Ben spins his sword and raises it just time to block Chris attack without opening his eyes. When Chris's sword connects with Ben's sword the black blade splits into two pieces. Chris looks at the broken sword in fear, "Impossible." Ben points the sword at Chris and kind of like magic Chris is blasted and slammed into his throne chair, and seconds later Chris falls to the ground unconscious. "That is it, the final battle is over." Mal says with a happy tone, but before she can run over to Ben she is stopped by Mark putting his arm in front of her, "The battle is not over yet Mal, now Ben must break the curse and set everything back to the way it was."