Chapter 16: Mix Feelings

Heidi's POV

I walk into Ben's office after getting a message that he wanted to see me, "Your summoned me all mighty one." I jokily mocked. Ben laughs a little before gesturing me to sit down, "How did things go with Chad yesterday?" Ben stares at me for a moment but shakes his head, "Chad is Chad, and I told him that he either stops or I will have no choice but to kick him out of school." A tiny part of me is happy about this, I know that Chad is one of Ben's friends, and it is nice to see that Ben would treat everyone the same, with the exception of Mal of course. "Chad was most likely furious about that?" Ben nods his head, "He was, but at the end of our talk I think we both reached an agreement." Ben's voice sounded very unsure and a little bit shaky, "Ben? Is everything alright? You seem a little shaken up." As soon as I see Ben's hand start to shake I stand up from my chair and walk over to him placing my arms around him, "What has gotten you this scared?" Ben pulls away from me, "I am not scared, it is just all the stress of being King." I was not buying that, I know Ben get stressed out, but it has never gotten this bad, "Ben, you know you can tell me anything, and I wouldn't tell another soul." Ben looks at me with a million different emotions in his eyes, "You swear, that if I tell you something, that it will stay just between us." I nod my head at him, "Of course." Ben takes a deep breath before he speaks, "There is something that I have to tell someone, I have been keeping this secret all my life." I sit down on his desk next to him, "Whatever is, you can tell me." Ben nods his head, "There is a secret room hidden in the museum of cultural history, and this room is called the museum of villainy." I look at him with shock written all over my face, "Ben that is impossible, I work there 6 days a week from open till close, and I know every inch of that place like the back of my hand." Ben lets out a little laugh, "I guess you don't know it as well as you think you do, because the wall between Princess Eilonwy's Golden Pelydryn and King Triton's Trident is actually a door, behind that door you will find narrow hallway, and at the end of the hallway you will find a large room filled with villain artifacts that were taken when the villains were trapped on the Isle." I sit there completely speechless, "There is Maleficent's staff, Evil Queen's magic mirror, Jafar's cobra staff, Dr. Facilier's tarot cards, Hade's sickle, Horned King's magic cauldron, Queen of Heart's heart necklace, Wicked witch of the west's crystal ball, Rumpelstiltskin's spell book, and Yen Sid's magical urn." The last relic catches me by surprise, "Ben, Yen Sid isn't a villain, he is the sorcerer of the first real magical item ever created The Sorcerer's Hat, Yen Sid is the most powerful wizard there is, he was the one who taught Merlin everything he knows, more to fact that he is the only on the Isle of the lost because your father requested him to be a teacher at Dragon hall, and I would know that because he was my weird science teacher." Ben's face shows uncertainty, "I know all of that already, but there is a good reason that his magical urn is down there." I tilt his head up with my finger so he is looking into my eyes, "Why is the urn down there Ben?" I can see tears welling up in his eyes. Before either one of could say another word, Doug burst through the door, "Sir, you are needed outside." Doug looks confused at the two of us. Ben wipes the tears away from his eyes before addressing Doug, "What for may I ask?" Doug breaks his stare on me and looks at Ben, "The fairies from Pixie Hollow are going to be arriving to Auradon at any moment now." Ben sighs, "I almost forgot about that, thank you Doug, I will be there momentarily." Doug bows before walking out and closing the office door behind him. "I should get going, I need to be out there to greet our guests." Ben grabs papers off his desk and looks up at me, "You are going to be there right?" I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to control myself, if you think my blow up on Faye was bad, just imagine that only ten times worse. "I would have thought after the scene I made last time that you wouldn't want me there." Ben smiles at me, "It was one bad incident, and no one was physically harmed." Before Ben could make it to the door I lightly grab his arm, "Aren't we going to finish what we were talking about?" Ben shakes his head at me, "I can't Heidi I'm sorry, I have already told you too much, and I would see as a personal favor to the King if you forgot all about what we talked about." I have no choice, Ben is a friend but is also the King, and I have to respect his decisions and take his words to heart, "Of course Ben, if that is really what you want." Ben nods his head smiling at me, "I love you Heidi, I really do love you." Ben places a soft kiss on my cheek before exiting the office and heading out to the front of the school. I stand there frozen for a second, "Did Ben just tell me he loved me?" I ask out loud to myself, I shake my head of all thoughts and feelings I was having right now and headed outside to the front of the school to greet the newcomers that in my eyes were never going to fully welcomed here.