Chapter 28: The Curse Unleashed

Heidi's POV

"I would rather die than help you." Ben snarls at Chris, "Well of course you would, you're a hero, and as everyone knows the hero never helps the villain." Chris rolls his eyes smiling at us, "But before I get to the casting the curse part of the plan, don't you want to know the special name my father gave this curse?" Ben looks annoyed, "Sure." For some reason I find myself keeping a close on Shay, "My father named this curse after a hero actually, because he knew that it would be a special hero that would help cast this curse and send the world into chaos." Chris sounds like a mad man, and I was kind of expecting that from Ryan more than Chris. "Just tell me the name already." Ben yells as his patients runs out, "This curse is called 'The Curse Of The Crown' and I can imagine you can guess why." All of us kind of shuttered hearing that name, "I will just go ahead and tell you why it had that name, and that is because the person with the crown is the one that will cast it." Chris laughs pointing at Ben, "No matter what you do or that your plan is the people of Auradon will stop you." The five of them start laughing, "This isn't just simple barrier that you break with Fairy Godmothers wand, this isn't some fake scroll that I am using as a distraction, this isn't some necklace that controls people, and this certainly isn't some ice army that can be melted by simple fire." Chris was mocking everyone attempt, From when Mal, Jay, Evie, and Carlos first got here and tried to steal the wand, or when Uma was tricked by the fake wand, Quinn's attempt to force Ben to obey her wishes by controlling Mal, and lastly Sienna's war she caused because she thought she should be Queen. "I am going to turn happily ever after into happily never after." I stand next to Ben, "Try to make him see that breaking the barrier is a bad thing." I whisper to Ben, "Chris you do know that if you break the barrier that everyone will think they have the right to the throne, and I hardly think your father's name will get you to the top of that list." Mal must have got on to what Ben was trying to do, "There are a lot of princes and princesses on the isle of the lost." She looks over at Evie, "There is no way you can defect them all, and what would do if they rebelled against you?" For the first time Chris has to think for a moment, "I would grant them their place as ruler of their own land, many of them belong to different places then Auradon ushering in a new era, the era that should been all along, the era of evil." Out of the blue I hear Harry's voice for the first time since we entered this place, "What about the adults, I really don't think they will be to happy taking orders from a kid." Chris growls darkly, "I have my own of dealing with them, don't you worry your empty head." I step in front of Harry stopping him from going any further, "Ignore him, it's not worth it Hooky." Harry just looks down at me, "I have had enough of this talking, time to cast my curse and take my rightful place as King." Hadie and I form fireballs in our hands, Ben, Carlos, Harry, and Jay pull out swords, and Evie along with Mal get their magic ready, "You are far outnumbered." Ben said pointing his sword at Chris, "Your right, but I think we can even up the score or better yet tip the scale in our favor." Chris, Rachelle, and Ryan fling their hands and suddenly everyone but Ben and I are frozen where they stood, "You were saying." Chris smiles a satisfied grin, "Heidi, I want you to run and warn anyone you see." I look at Ben like he is crazy, "I am not leaving you alone with these 5 unstable people." Ben turns his head and looks at me, "Think about Henry." I sigh and nod my head, "Okay." I start running towards the exit. "Oh no you don't." I hear Kari say and just like I am pulled backwards, "I am not going to let you screw up everything." Kari pulls my up by my throat, Everyone has been given their marching orders and mine are that you belong to me until the curse take you." Kari wraps her arms around me and drags me over to the others, "I think it's time Ben heard your song kitten." Shay nods her head and turns her attention towards Ben.

Shay: Hear me Ben please. {Ben turns to the others.} Won't you come to me? {Chris kisses Shay's cheek.} Call of the siren. {Shay smiles an evil smile at me.} Don't resist my song. {Ben shakes his head trying to ignore.} Listen to me. {Ben's body suddenly relaxes.} I know what's best for you. {As Ben turns around to face us his face is emotionless.} Come to me my king. {Ben stats walking to Shay} Your help I need. {Ben stands in front of Shay.} Give me your hand now. {Shay puts out her hand.} To cast this powerful curse. {Ben places his hand his hand in Shay's}

"Well done kitten, Imust say that is your best song yet." Chris nods to Ryan and Rachelle and thetwo of them step towards Ben, "Ryan the scroll please," Ryan waves his hand andthe scroll appears, "I hate long goodbyes." Chris takes Ben's hand and turns itover, and then pulls of a small knife, "Unlucky for you this is going to be a shortone." With one quick moment Chris slashes Ben's hand, and that suddenly brokethe spell Shay had put on him, "What did you do to me?" Chris forcefully placesBen's hand on the scroll, "I said you were going to help us, I never said youwould do it willing." Chris holds Ben's hand on the scroll for a few seconds,after the few seconds Chris shoves Ben to the ground and Kari does the same tome, "You see the third and most important ingredient was a drop of the purestblood." Rachelle hit the scroll with a tiny bolt of lightning, suddenly thescroll breaks into two pieces and from the scroll black smoke rises coveringeverything in its path, "WE DID IT! NOTHING CAN STOP US NOW!" Chris laughs hissadistic laugh, "Enjoy your new life." Chris mocks us. Just as the smokeengulfs us Ben covers me with his jacket, and the next thing I know all I seeis nothing but darkness