Chapter 31: The Isle Of The Exiled

Heidi's POV

As I am making my way down the dirty street I can't help but notice that not much has changed, but all that comes to an end when I see all the stores that I use to know. My first stop is father's restaurant that he opened up, but what I found made me want to stay with my brother, Hades Souvlaki wasn't there anymore, instead it had been replaced by Hercules Protein Shop. "What is going on?" I ask before walking in. The inside looks kind of nice, but nothing fancy, suddenly I feel strong arms wrap around my waist. "GET OFF OF ME!" I scream as loud as I can clinging to Henry for dear life, "Would you stop struggling, I am not going to hurt you." I stop struggling because I knew that voice very well. I turn around to see a familiar face, "Herkie? What are you doing here?" Herkie puts my down on my feet and takes his arms off my waist, "I was going to ask you the same question." I smile up at him, "Wait, do you work here?" Herkie sighs before nodding his head, "I technically run this place." I give him a small smile, "This place used to belong to my father, this was his restaurant." Herkie frowns at me, "Explains why I ended up here, the whole Isle is like one really sick joke Heidi." I sit down on one of her chairs, "What do you mean?" Herkie leans against the post, "Everyone that had a store is now somewhere else while the hero of that story is trapped with Chris's version of their store." I sort understand what he is saying, "In other words, the villain's shops are now being run by the people who defected them." Herkie nods his head, "Where did you end up?" I look into his eyes, "In the Underworld with my brother and the muses." Herkie looks a little surprised, "Talk about a nightmare." I get up off the chair, "Herkie, I need to get going, I need to find Harry." Herkie opens the front door for me, "If you need me I will be here." And with that Herkie closed the door and I started walking again. I walk past what use to be Frollo's Creperie, but the sign said The Bell Tower, and the sign was outlined in the form of a giant bell, "Heidi?" I hear someone say, I turn to the voice to see someone I knew from Auradon. "Quincey." I hug the boy tightly, "What are you doing here?" Quincey points to the sigh, "Penelope runs the coffee shop, and I ring the bell." I sigh because I can tell how much that upsets poor Quincey, he desperately wanted to do something other then what his father did. "I can't stay long I am looking for Harry and the others, but I will come by sometime I promise." I hug him quickly before making my way further down the alleyway. I see an opened sign lighten up on what use to be The Facilier's shop but now it is called The Other Side Shop, and the shop is run by Freddie and Opal, the daughter of Mama Odie. I walk past Cauldron Repair shop, I am relieved that it is still the same, but like Herkie said nothing is as it seems, this shop belonged to The horned king, but now it was run by Travis and Paisley, the son and daughter of Princess Eilonwy and Taran. I can't believe that one curse could do all of this. I finally make it to a place that I thought I knew as good as any, but once I arrive I see that is not the case, as I look up at the sign above me I see an outline of a glass slipper behind the glass slipper is a pumpkin carriage, and the sign that use to says, 'Lady Tremaine's Curl up & Dye' now reads The Midnight Hour with the two I's as hands on a clock. I nervously open the door and wander inside hugging Henry closely. "JUST DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD FOR ONCE!" I hear someone scream, "I AM THE OLDER BROTHER, WHICH MEANS YOU SHOULD BE LISTING TO ME!" I roll my eyes because I knew that annoying voice anywhere. I push the plastic out of my way to see a very scary but familiar sight, Dizzy is sweeping up the floor, but she is not alone this time, Chad Charming is here, and so is one of my best friends Carly. "Carly! Dizzy!" I run into the room and up to the two girls, "HEIDI!" They both scream gently hugging my sides, "We were wondering what happened to you." Carly said taking Henry out of my arms, "I woke up home. What about all of you?" Dizzy puts the broom in the corner, I woke up in my old room as well." Dizzy sighs looking down at the ground, "Chad and I woke up in the apartment above this place." Carly looks behind me confused, "Where is Harry or Hadie." Sadness fills my eyes, "I haven't found Harry yet, as for my brother he is now the King of the underworld, and he can't leave until magic is restored to this place." I look around to see that the shop is exactly the same as I remember, "Seems like nothing in here has changed." Dizzy looks dreary around the room, "That isn't worst part, I haven't heard from any of the others." I place my hands on Dizzy's shoulders, "Everything will be okay." Carly hugs me fully now, "We can help you look for Harry, and who knows who else he might run into along the way." I nod my head taking back Henry, "I think I know a few places where Harry might be, but who knows what has happened to them." Dizzy smiles at us as she head for the exit, "Chad, we are going out, so you need to stay here and keep any eye on the place." Before Chad could get a word out Carly pulls my lightly to the exit and back onto the dark and narrow streets.