Chapter 21: Hypnotic Encounter

Kari's POV

As the five of us make it just to the edge of the school Chris suddenly stops us, "We need to spilt up, we will draw less suspicion if we aren't see together, everyone meet up in the woods in an hour." We nod our heads and the five of us head in different directions. I start looking around and notice that everyone is talking to one another, smiling, and being nice to each other. I slither around people not really sure on who I should I ask first, I mean if I pick the wrong person that might blow my cover, "You seem a little bit lost." I heard someone say, the girl that walks suddenly up to me has long black hair with a pink headband on, she has a pair of gold hoop earrings in her ears, an opened purple leather jacket, underneath the jacket is a white crop top, a dark purple skirt with gold dangling gold chain belt around her waist, and finally a pair of light brown high heeled boots on her feet. "What class are trying to find?" I look at her with an unsure look on my face, "Who are you? I don't think that I have ever seen you around?" My mind start racing trying to come up with something that won't tip her off that I am not who I am supposed to be, "My name is Darlene Gale, my mother is Dorothy Gale, and I think everyone knows who she is." This girl just nods her head, "I have heard of your mother, she is the one that saved OZ from the wicked witches." I just nod my head hoping that I played it off well enough, "My name is Penelope, my mother is Esmeralda, and my father is Phoebus." I smile a fake smile because I had no idea who either one of her parents were, "Where are you off too?" I stutter over my words a little bit, "Lunch room, I am very hungry." Penelope smiles and laugh at me, "I know that feeling, all you need to do is keep walking this way and the lunch room is the first door on the right at the end of the walkway." Penelope pats me on my shoulder before walking off. I shake the feelings off of me and keep walking hoping to find someone that could give me information. I walk into the lunch room only to bump into someone, "Watch where you going next time you empty headed baboon." I snap at the person. I look up to see who I bumped into only to see a head of blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes, "You might look sweet and innocent on the outside, but man you are cold as stone on the inside." The guy commented. "And who do you think you are to make such rash decisions about someone that you don't even know." The guy lets out a hard laugh, "I pride myself on being a very good judge of character." I just roll my eyes at him, "I'm Chad Charming, the dashing and handsome son of Cindrella & Prince Charming." I just stare at him, "Is that supposed to mean something to me?" Chad looks shocked at me before clearing his throat, "I am one of the most popular guys at this school, I am on the fencing team, the tourney team, and I just so happen to be best friends with the king himself." The last part catches my interest, "So yeah, I would say that I am a very big deal." Chad smirks with a cocky grin on his face, "You are best friends with Ben?" I ask him taking a step closer to him, "Yeah, I have known him almost all of my life." I smile a dark smile, "So, say I needed to know where something is, would you be able to help me?" Chad looks down at me with caution written on his face, "Depends on what you are looking for." I stare deep into his blue eyes, "I am looking for a spell book." Chad doesn't say a word for a moment, but suddenly he smiles a goofy smile at me, "What spell book?" He asks sounding like a love sick puppy, "The spell book that belonged to Rumpelstiltskin." I said hoping with all my might that I just didn't make the biggest mistake of all time, "I know where that is, it is hidden inside the museum of villainy." I take a step back, and start wondering why Chad would just give up this kind of information just like that, "Do you know where the museum of villainy is?" I ask pushing my luck a little further, "It is hidden deep inside the museum of cultural history." I start taking notes inside my head to remember what exactly Chad was telling me, "Where is the entrance to the museum of villainy?" Chad laughs sounding like someone had just given him a ton of painkillers, "I am not sure where the entrance is, but I know of something else that is down there." A sly smirk slithers across my face, "What else is down there Chad?" Before Chad could answer the sound of footsteps is heard getting closer and closer to us, "Chad, I want you to forget that you ever saw me." And that is the last thing I say before running out another door and headed to meet up with the others in the forest. I make it to the meet up spot to see Ryan, Rachelle, and Shay already there, "None of us had any luck." Chris appears out of thin air and lets out a dark snarl, "Everyone in this pathetic kingdom is more worthless then I could have ever believed!" Chris shouts so loud that it scares the birds out of the trees, "Judging by your reaction I am going to take a guess that you didn't find out anything either." Chris doesn't say a word but nods his head, "Looks like I am the only one that got what we needed." All four of them turn to me, "You got someone to talk?" Chris asks in utter disbelief, "Don't sound that surprised, but yes I got someone to talk, and do I have a story to tell you." I waste no time telling the rest of encounter with Penelope, and more importantly my run in with Chad.