Chapter 49: The Divinity

Heidi's POV

I stand in front of the sigh outside the shop and inspect it very carefully and I pin point exactly where I think the divinity is hiding. "What is going on Love?" Harry asks from behind me with Henry in his arms and the others around him, "This is where it ended up." I reach up and my hand grasps the solid gold shell locket that is around the silhouette of a mermaid and pull it off. I carefully open the locket and inside is a small tiny red ball that in closed by a cage. "Ben, I think you are looking for this." I gently pull out the object that has been hidden inside. "Heidi, is that the real divinity?" Ben asks with a shocked face that matches everyone else. "This would be that." I take Ben's hand and turn his palm over, "This belongs to you now." I place the divinity into his open hand. "Thank you, Heidi." Is all Ben is able to get out as he stands there still motionless. "Love how did you know where it was?" I hear Harry ask as he stands next to me, "The poem wasn't lying about where it was hidden." I giggle a little, "In a place covered by scum, when Uma ran this place that is exactly what she called everyone that was outside the shop." Harry's eyes brighten a little, "That's right, Uma and myself always called the poor unfortunate souls that lounged around the docks." I sighed with a smile, "This object is hidden where sea magic comes from, this was the hardest part for me to figure out, but I eventually thought of the tale Uma always told us about tale of her mother and Ariel, the shell Ursula wore had magic in it, and then I thought of the necklace around Ariel's neck, and how the name has the word sea in it and it just so happened to be in the shape of a shell." Everyone smiles at me with an odd look on their face. "I don't think any of us would have figured that out." Jay commented with a laugh. I just shrug my shoulders as Ben shows everyone the divinity. "Now that we have it, what is our next move?" Carlos asks looking from one person to another, "We break the barrier and take back Auradon." Jay holds up the tiny red ball, "There is no magic on this rock." Mal comments with a loud sigh, "Exactly there might be someone here that has magic." Ben turns his head to look at me, "What do you mean?" I take a deep breath before telling them about the rest of what Yzla told me. "Yzla was the one that told me about where to find Mal, Ben, Evie, Jay, and Carlos." Ben nodded his head, "But before she told me about you all, she mentioned something about a someone that has long blonde hair, she is said to be wearing gold earrings, a green dress with a light green sash around her, and a pair of gold high heels." I can tell my look on their faces that just like me they had no idea who I was talking about. "Yzla said that she is from Auradon, and the only reason no one has ever seen her is because she prefers to hide in the shadows." Everyone just sighs and I suddenly see that the divinity is not the only thing that is inside the shell, "Looks like our friend in blue found the divinity before we did." I pull out a small folded up piece of paper, "I bet you anything that this is another note, and I bet it will tell us what we should be doing next." I hand the paper to Ben. "I don't know who this person is but we owe he or she a lot." Ben unfolds the paper and starts to read the note out loud. "To find this woman of magic and class, go to the place where the sea and this collide making sure no one can pass." This causes everyone to frown, "Is it just me or do these notes get harder and harder each time?" Jay asks scratching his head. "You were warned of a traitor traveling with you, to figure out who it is just think of the person that uses their muscles to make do." Ben reads the last riddle and everyone except me turns their attention to Jay, "Why is everyone looking at me?" Jay asks taking a step back from the mod of death stares, "You are the only person that is traveling with us that uses his muscles for everything." Harry growls as she raises his hook to Jay's face, "I swear on my honor as a thief, I am not the person that has been feeding information to darkness boy." I knew that it Jay wasn't the one that has been giving our information to Chris, and as I start to think of the poem I start getting a clear picture of just who has been backstabbing us this whole time. "It's not Jay everyone." I say stepping in front of Jay, "I believe Jay when he says that he is not the snitch." Everyone relaxes a little but not by much, "Thanks Heidi." Jay smiles at me, "I know you Jay, and I know you are not the person we are looking for." I smile at him, "We should try to figure out the first half of the note." Carlos breaks the tension. Every one of us reads the first half over and over again until suddenly Evie speaks up, "I think I know where we need to go." We all look to Evie, "We need to go to where the barrier meets the water." Everyone nods piecing the clues together. "But why would the note tell us to go there? Someone couldn't hide out in the open." This time it is Harry who speaks up, "If someone was smart enough they could have been hiding at Goblin Wharf this whole time, and believe me if someone hides there, they will stay hidden. Ben nods his head as all of us head towards the docks, hoping to fins yet another mystery person, but I can't help that in the back of my mind I knew I had figured out who the traitor is, and I don't think I can bring myself to tell the others, especially Harry.