ONE |

ONE | Fuck your bad vibes bro.

8TH GRADE | Past
14.

      I suffocated from a terrible nightmare

I suffocated from a terrible nightmare. My hands were sweating when I raised myself to a sitting position on the bed.

It was the first day of school today. I had just freshly moved to Seoul(from a small town), and it was finally fall time and time for the new school year.

Anxiety filled my chest, making it hard for me to breathe when my right foot stepped on the first stair of the school's frontier.

"Ahhhhhh this is going to be scary," I talked to myself as I opened the front door.

Entered the hallway, and saw nobody.

"Ehh??? Am I here too early?!" I glanced at the clock on the wall. It wasn't digital. I couldn't read it.

My uncle taught me that the small stick thing says the hour. The rest I don't know.

"Is that..7? Hm.. I should be here on time," I continued murmuring under my breath.

As I stood there, all confused, an adult approached me.

"Why are you so early on the first day?" They questioned me.

The adult was male. He had long hair, and a bit of a stubble. Is that what rockstars look like?

Stereotypical of me to think like that.

"Well.... it is 7.... something. Isn't it time to-"

"School here starts at 8:30."

Oh.

He chuckled at my confused expression.

"It's okay, kid. Go stay at the library."

I nodded and bowed at the guy. He had a sincere smile and it made me feel warm.

I made my way to the library. Yeah I got lost. I was too late to attend the transfer orientation, and now I don't know anything.

I just followed the signs on the wall.

I reached the library and awkwardly made my way inside.

It seemed quite lovely in there.

I saw one boy sitting on the floor in between the isles of books. He was hugging his knees and - what seemed to be - he was sobbing.

I wasn't going to approach a stranger, unless they approached me.

I situated my self on a desk and took out my phone.

I had a message from my uncle.

Uncle:
Have a sweet day at school today! I mistakenly took you an hour early! Sorry bunny.

I sighed at the text, and slammed my head against the desk.

My uncle was whom I lived with all my life. He was sweet, and caring. He always treated me like his own daughter.

After minutes of doing nothing, the sobbing boy approached me.

He was wearing his uniform messily. When I glanced at his eyes, they seemed fine as if he was never crying.

"Why are you here early?" He questioned me as he sat on the chair on my left.

I diverted my eyes down to my lap before stuttering to answer.

"M-my uncle m-mistakenly dropped me off e-early."

I fidgeted my fingers.

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," he replied and grabbed my bag.

I flinched and immediately grabbed it back to myself. "HEY!"

He laughed and flicked my arm.

"Better not tell anyone that you saw me crying. You hear me?" He spoke as if he was mad.

I hugged my bag and nodded. Mindfully anxious about him coming in contact with my skin. I have to clean it faster!! Aghhhh scary!!!

He kicked me in the leg and walked towards the exit door.

The long haired adult from earlier crossed his path.

"Kim Taehyung!" The man angrily called for the boy.

So that's who that is...

A boy named Kim Taehyung.

Ugh. So mean!