FIFTY SIX |

FIFTY SIX |

Getting out of that situation was a miracle for me.

What bad have I ever done to anybody?

My ears heard the police sirens getting closer and closer but there was no window for me to see anything.

"Shit," the woman that kidnapped me swore as she stood up on her seat.

"We have to fucking go!" Her helper said but she stopped and glared at me.

The boy grabbed her arm and tugged her to go.

"Leave her here! We have to go!" He kept exclaiming in distress.

I met eyes with The bitch and I gave her the evilest glare I had ever given someone.

~~~~

The police found me in that basement tied up and 10 pounds lighter with dried up blood and purple bruises all over my body.

"They'll take you to the hospital so don't be afraid," one of the police officers assured me since I have been whimpering and flinching at every touch any officer has tried to give me.

I nodded and followed one of the nurses whom wrapped her arm around my shoulders to help me get in the emergency vehicle.

~~~~~~~

"For approximately how long do you think you've been locked up in there?"

"I don't know. Many days."

"Describe me the woman that kidnapped you as best as you can."

"She looked like my mother. Except her hair was short and colored dark red. My mother was against hair dye.... so... that's-"

"Are you sure it was not your mother? From what we have in our records, you have been living with your uncle for many years. Could you have forgotten what your mother looks like?"

"It was not my mother."

"Alright. We'll talk more later. Please rest up, Yujin. Someone wants to see you. Should we let him in?"

I peeked through the glass window and saw him. My love.

"Let him in please."

~~~~

"BABY!" Taehyung yelled as he got the chance to enter the hospital room.

He ran to the bed and immediately wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me really close.

His hand cupped my head.

I started crying.

"Taehyung-ssi...," I spoke, my voice low and sad.

"I am more than glad to see you and know that you are alive, Yujinie," he said in the crook of my neck and I felt how shaky his voice was. Which means he was crying.

My testimony was proven as I felt his tears wet my skin.

I pulled away from him and looked at him in the eyes.

"What bad have I done to anybody?" I questioned him as if he would have an answer for me.

He squeezed my wrists. His eyes averted to every part of my body. He noticed every part of me that was hurt.

"If I was with you at that time, nothing bad would have happened to you, baby," he sobbed.

I took his face in my palms and made him look at me.

"I realized something strange," I said, "it didn't hurt me getting beat to blood as much as it hurt me not seeing you for days in a row."

He froze at my words. Every part of them was true.

Even before when I wasn't dating Taehyung, my heart felt empty this way whenever we weren't near each other.

"Crazy," he whispered, his eyes not leaving mine.

A saw how his eyes continuously got filled up by tears.

He took my hands and put them down.

"My Ms. Crazy," he said again before pressing his wet lips against mine.

Those lips I missed the most.

"I agree. I am crazy. But damn crazy for YOU."

I knew one thing...

From this point on.... going alone outside would become my biggest phobia.

~~~~~~~

I had been released from the hospital 2 days after.

Tae didn't leave my side. All of our friends visited me with tears and I felt how sincere everybody was.

At this certain moment, Taehyung was with me in my bedroom STARING at me.

"How are you feeling? Does anything hurt? Do you need anything? Food? Water? Want to watch TV? Are you cold? If it's too dark for you, I'll open your curtains. Are you hurting somewhere? Do you need any-" he kept on asking constantly.

It made me feel so much better; his care and love. I had never imagined myself in this position and I certainly had never imagined Taehyung to be so in love with me.

"I just want you to cuddle me and kiss me," I said and spread out my arms.

He smiled and came to my side.

He got under the covers of my bed and wrapped his arms tightly around me before pressing his warm lips against my cheek.

"Ah so comfortable," I sighed in relief.

"I really missed you, Yujin. I was going crazy without you. I couldn't imagine what bad has happened to you....."

He didn't stop there.

"The moment I couldn't contact you, I had a bad feeling. I immediately started looking for you. I told everyone and we all started searching for you. I almost died from malnutrition."

I squeezed his hand tight and brought my body even closer to his.

My head was comfortably laying on his chest while my eyes were closed. His voice soothed me.

"Please don't leave me again," he finished.

"I won't, baby. We'll be together forever right?" I asked full of hope.

"Yes."