FOURTEEN |

FOURTEEN | Please do not touch.

    Taehyung came to my house and we sat on the living room couch in darkness

     "When I was little, mom used to scare me off so I can go away. She used to say that if I stay in the room, she will tell someone to come and put bugs to crawl on me," I paused as I began stuttering my words. My tears were ready to fall," and as a little kid I believed it."

"So thats why?" Taehyung questioned me with concern.

I shook my head, "No. When I was 9 years old I started having terrible nightmares. I used to imagine how a faceless person touches my hands and disgusting bugs start to crawl on me and go under my skin."

Taehyung's mouth was open wider than ever.

"And... mom used to tell me that it is real. She used to scare me off by proving to me that it is real. Ever since then.... my brain has been like this. Working improperly. I always see those bugs when my skin gets touched."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. It felt relieving to share my past to someone. Even though it was him. The person that hates me.

"What happened to you and your mom? You only live with your uncle now.... how about your father????" He threw questions at me.

I looked down at my lap and closed my eyes. "I don't wanna say-"

He was fast to interrupt me.

"NO ITS OKAY YOU DONT HAVE TO!" He exclaimed and raised his hands In defense.

The corner of my lip lifted up a tad. He can be cute sometimes. Ah.

I scratched the side of my head feeling a little awkward. "So... your turn..."

"Ahh... well," nervousness got to him. I was curious tho.

"I started smoking just recently...," he glanced away from me probably holding back his emotions. "Because.... my brother... he.... went to rehab and.... I started-" his voice became shaky, and he held his eyes... "i felt powerless.."

Tears started pouring out of his eyes. He loudly cried in his palms and I couldn't do anything to calm him. Ffs we usually argue and this moment is new... I can't put it in my head that Kim Taehyung is crying in front of me right now.

"And... someone told me ... that smoking will make me feel better when I feel like shit. So- I - smoke when...- " he paused every other word as he weeped in sadness. "...I am lonely.."

"Oh Tae..." was all I could say. My heart crushed when I looked at him cry. He couldn't stop.

I got up and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I turned on the lamp in the kitchen but Taehyung flinched.

"No! Turn it off so you can't see me ugly cry!" He protested and held his face again.

I sneered and walked up to him. "Oh shut up. Here is some water."

I handed it to him and he took it without making eye contact with me.

"Everyone has some kind of a pain, Taehyung," I spoke as I sat next to him again. His eyes were puffy and red. Snot was still coming out of his nose which had me chuckle a bit.

"And we can't compare it." I finished.

He looked at me in the eyes in some kind of seriousness.

"Yujin."

"Yes?"

"I'm mad at you."

"What! Why??"

"You just saw me cry and heard my pains. I am mad at you for it."

I eyed him in mad confusion. "What the heck! We agreed to share??!!!"

Why did I get so frustrated?

"Yeah. Too bad we can't talk anymore. You'll probably tell everybody," he said and that had me stand up.

"NO! Why are you saying this to me now!!??? We were fine 5 mins ago!!"

He stood up too and faced me. "Yeah exactly. We were F. I. N. E. We can't be 'fine'. That's not us," he said with a serious tone and crossed his arms.

"Uhhhh you frustrate me so much! WHATEVER!" I threw my hands in the air and walked to the front door.

I opened it and gestured for him to get out. "Leave, butthole."

He smiled and nodded. "Yep. See you later, Ms. Crazy."

Ugh... and I thought he was cute for a second. Fuck that.