206

I walked into the kitchen, seeing Amelia standing at the sink with her back to me. Her hair was hung down her back while she was popped on one hip. It was nearly eight at night and I was confused at what she was doing considering I did the dishes earlier. She was humming to herself, looking down into the sink.

I walked closer and looked over her shoulder to see none other then Briar half submerged in soapy water, giggling and looking up at Amelia. You could just see her face, arms and ankles as Amelia was giving her a bath.

I smiled while grabbing Amelia's hips, kissing her bare shoulder while looking at Briar.

"You havin' fun muppet?" I murmur to Briar as she was giggling and splashing her hands in the water.

"I thought I'd bathe her before bed, maybe it will make her sleepy." Amelia turns her head to me while holding Briar in the water.

"I think it will work." I agree while resting my chin on her shoulder.

Briar holds her feet with her hands, sticking her tongue out of her mouth and laughing for who knows why.

"Do you like the bubbles baby?" Amelia laughs while sitting her up a bit and rubbing her back.

She claps her hands, making the water splash up and hit Amelia and I. Amelia giggles and looks away as Briar splashes the water.

"Oh yeah she's having fun." I chuckle.

Amelia washes her head softly, making the soapy bubbles sit in her hair that was styled up and swirled on top of her head. I couldn't help but laugh a bit at the style of her hair.

"God we need to buy a camera." Amelia chuckles while washing Briar's soft hair.

I pull out my phone and go to the camera, holding it out and taking a photo of her with the soap all over her. There was a big smile on her face, almost like she knew her picture was being taken.

"Cute." Amelia smiles while looking at my phone. "We need to start capturing more moments with her. She's already six months old and it seems like I just gave birth to her yesterday." Amelia explains.

"I know I know. Do you want to go get changed out of your wet clothes and I'll take it from here?" I brush the hair out of Amelia face, pecking her forehead.

"Please." She looks down at her white shirt to see the water all over it.

I chuckle as he turns around, smacking her ass which made her jump as she walked away.

I turn back to Briar and smile as she sits in the water with her hand in her mouth.

"Alright baby lets rinse you off." I snicker while running more warm water to rinse all the suds off of her.

I clean her all off and drain the sink, taking the baby out and wrapping the small pink towel around her. Shes wrapped all up like a burrito, just her head sticking out from the pink towel.

I hold her up against my chest, rubbing her back while walking into the living room.

She smiles at me with her tongue hanging out of her mouth, speaking gibberish.

"Really?" I pretend like I know what she's saying, playing along with the antics.

She continues to talk mumbles while I walk into the living room, laying her down on the couch.

"That's very interesting muppet." I nod, smiling while sitting down by her feet on the couch. I rub her arms through the fabric, attempting to dry her as she is wrapped tight in the towel.

"Ready for bed sweetie?" I hear Amelia say from behind me, looking down at Briar.

"I don't know about her but I am." I chuckle.