287

okay so y'all are MAD mad at me I see 😎

Amelia Adams

For the first time in my life, I felt like I lost myself.

Today I woke up, woke up from an accident I don't recall happening. I was just met face to face with a boy that was holding my hand and staring into my eyes like I was something to him but little did he know he was actually nothing to me. He was holding my hand so tight and confessing the mistakes he made. When I thought it was just because he was searching for some sort of moral help from a stranger, he was actually searching forgiveness from me.

But I had no idea who he was, or who most of these people were who have stood in my hospital room today. The only familiar faces I saw was my mother, and my best friend Audrey.

"Amelia, sweetheart.." My mother said while holding my hand, but my eyes were stuck on the window of my hospital room that gave me a view into the hallway.

I was staring at the doctor talking to the three men that all shared the tattoos and chiseled features, in the middle was the boy that claimed to be my fiancé.

He stood there with his arms crossed at the doctor who was explain things I couldn't hear through the closed door. Even from this distance I could see his piercing green eyes were glossed in panic, his jaw clenched and his thick eyebrows furrowed so there was two prominent crevices between them.

"Mom what has happened to me?" I turn my eyes to her while feeling my sinuses swell, I was starting to panic. "Why don't I know any of these people but they all claim to know me? Why is that man saying I'm his fiancé!" I spilled while she was holding my hand.

"Honey, you were in an accident.." She starts but it's not what I wanted to hear.

"People keep saying that but no ones telling me anything else. I have no recollection of those people out there and I don't even know what to think! I thought that man was a crazy stranger that just needed someone to talk to!" I raised my voice a little bit because I was stressed.

"I want the doctor to explain all of this to you before anything else." She says, not answering any of my questions. I was getting so frustrated.

I look at Audrey standing behind her with crossed arms and sympathy in her sad eyes.

"Audrey, please tell me what happened. Do you know those people out there?" I ask in hope of any sort of answer.

She looked at me like she was going to cry, pausing before parting her diamond shaped lips to answer.

"Meils, what's the last thing you remember?" She questions me instead.

I think to myself, trying to recollect my last moment before all of this. I had to think hard, because nothing really was sticking in my mind.

"Uhm.. school." I stretch my brain, looking at my feet at the end of the bed. "I remember sitting with you in history class." I search harder. "...there was a lockdown." I look back up at her who looks at me with more widened eyes.

"Amelia try harder, what happened after the lockdown?" She walks up closer so she was next to my mom who was sitting on the chair.

I shut my eyes and try to think harder like she wants me to, but everything was blank. The last thing I remembered was a lockdown.

"Nothing. Was that when the accident happened?" I asked, looking at my mom and Audrey who shared the same expressions of concern. That must've been the reason of my accident, something during the lockdown because it was the last thing I remember. They turned and looked at each other with worry before back at me.