207

Amelia Adams

"Harry, what are you trying to do here?" I say while crossing my arms at the table.

"What do you mean?" He plays dumb from the other side of the table, the biggest bowl of cherries I've ever seen sitting on the wood surface between us.

"The cherries."

"Oh these?" He looks down at them and pretends he wasn't the one that put them there. "I just was hungry." He shrugs.

"So you were going to eat 300 cherries as a snack?" I lean back in my chair.

"Yeah, well I mean unless if you..." He pushes the bowl slowly to me, "want some.." He says quietly, suspiciously.

"No I'm okay." I shake my head. What is he trying to do here?

"Are you sure? You don't want to go to town on these bright, rich, juicy cherries?" He says slowly while still nudging the bowl closer to me.

"Is this your way of trying to figure out if I'm pregnant?" I furrow my brows. He looks at me suspiciously, shrugging again.

"Maaaybe.." He draws out, still holding the bowl out in front of me and seeing if I attack them like an animal.

"Well I'm not craving cherries so.." I chuckle while standing up, walking over to the fridge.

"Okay then you can't be pregnant."

"Mm well I don't know if that's accurate." I chuckle.

"Babe you ate literally a whole cherry orchid when you were pregnant." He stares from the other end of the kitchen.

"Yeah but keep in mind we just had sex last night. I wasn't craving things until like two weeks in." I say while opening the fridge, grabbing a yogurt.

"Ugh fuck I don't want to wait two weeks to take that fucking test." He complains.

"And you think I do?" I shut the fridge and walk over to the drawers to grab a spoon.

"Maybe, we should go get you a morning after pill babe.." I hear his voice go a few octaves lower, making me freeze as I was opening the yogurt.

"A contraception pill?" I ask quietly, turning my head back to look at Harry who was still sitting at the table with his fingers intertwined together and his elbows on the surface.

"I know you don't like thinking of hurting a chance of life but this may be the best option. You said it last night, you finally got your body back and aren't ready to go through all of that again." He says soothingly.

He is right, about all of it. I don't like doing anything that hurts a chance of life. But we aren't ready for another baby, we've already got our hands full with Briar. She is a full time job right now and I know that a lot of women have babies very close in age but right now it just seems a little impossible. I can't be pregnant again, not now.

"Amelia?" Harry's voice enters my thoughts, making me snap out of my gaze as I was getting lost in space. I blink a few times, and look back at him who was staring at me with a bit of concern.