252

Amelia Adams

Amelia Adams

My drunk mind was far gone at this point as we walked in the front door of my parents house. It was 1am, and after everything that happened I needed to check up on Briar.

After the shooting, Louis went down stairs to see everyone was gone except Niall and Liam in his bedroom. They were both fine luckily, but they still had numerous dead bodies scattered on the floor. I never got to see Liam, Louis said he checked on him and he was barricaded in his room. We didn't get to see nor hear him, simply just got passed on the message that he was fine.

Niall, Louis and Harry disposed of the bodies while I stayed with Audrey upstairs - trying to relax her. She was so shaken up that she didn't need me to say much to her but instead just hold her.

After they cleaned up, we all got in the cars and drove to my parents house. And by all of us I mean me, Harry, Louis and Audrey. Niall stayed back because we didn't want to leave Liam alone after all of that and Louis felt like he needed to go with us considering he was apart of this huge mess. The car ride was silent, Harry drove while I stayed in the back with Audrey who held my hand. Louis followed us in his truck.

She was traumatized, no doubt about it. I remember the first time I saw someone get murdered right in front of me. It was when Harry shot a gang member he thought was playing the other side. I remember shouting no while he fired the bullet through his head and let him fly off the bar stool and on the hardwood floors of the living room.

That was hard.

We walked through the front door of my parents house quietly, expecting everyone to be asleep. The house was dark and quiet as we tiptoed in.

I wanted to check on Briar, but I also wanted to talk to Audrey in a place that she was familiar with. She was still shaken up finding out about all of this, so hopefully bringing her to a place that was her second home would make her feel more comfortable.

"Just sit down on the couch while we go check on Briar." I whisper to them as Louis at the end shuts the front door.

Audrey nods timidly with her arms crossed, Louis nodding as well.

Harry and I quietly walk up the small flight of stairs, parting ways as he goes to the room where Briar was asleep and I go to my parents. I just wanted to let them know we were here and not to freak out about any noises.

I walk into my parents room quietly, opening the door to where they were asleep. The light from the hallway peaked into the dark abyss as I tiptoed over to my mom. I kneel down and softly place my hand on her cheek, rubbing it softly.

She flinches a bit but relaxed when she opens her eyes and sees my face.

"Shh." I immediately say. "We are just here to get Briar." I murmur as her eyes squinted at me.