244

HOLY HELL HIDEAWAY HIT A MILLION!!!! IM SO FUCKING HAPPY THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR READING THESE BOOKS!!! MY HEART IS SWELLING!!!! SHDUDUHAHXHHSBSHS

the photo above is me watching hideaway hit a million

Ethan Charleston

2009

The eight legged insect crawled across my finger tips, running from finger to finger as I made a path for it. The caterpillar had white spots down the spine and blue on the outside, it was small and could inch its way down my fingers fast. It's long furry body moved like a wave, making me smile.

"Hey, Bug freak!" I heard the shout from the distance, making my stomach feel sick.

I turned my head from the caterpillar and looked up to the two people walking towards me on the grass of the school yard. The sun was bright so it was hard to see them until they got closer.

Justin walked over to me in the school yard with his friend Christian, I started to feel nervous like usual when he comes near me. I stand up from the grass in habit, but he was still a lot taller then me. The caterpillar stayed in my left hand on my fingers as he walked up to me with a angry look on his face.

Oh no.

He swatted the caterpillar out of my hand so it flew off in the grass somewhere in the near distance.

"Hey!" I protested from his action, looking up and him with a mixture of anger and sadness. It took me forever to find a caterpillar.

"Look at you! We get recess for twenty minutes and you choose to sit out in the grass with a bug! Why can't you just be normal like everyone else?" He pushes me back so I fall on my butt.

Justin always picks on me, he has since grade one and now we were in grade four and he still makes me his first target to push around. What I hated was that he was so much bigger then me, he keeps growing and I seem to not so I couldn't stand up for myself if I wanted to. I never do anything bad to him, he just has always never liked me I guess. I was never a match against him.

"Why can't you just leave me alone Justin?" I say from the ground.

"I would if you weren't such an idiot." He spits and kicks my lunch pale so it goes flying across the yard.

"Hey!" I hear another voice shout from the distance.

Justin and Christian turned around and looked at my twin sister stomping towards us in her dirty blue sneakers and crossed arms.

"Oh look it's the clone coming up to save you." Justin rolls his eyes as she comes and stomps up to us in the school yard.

"Can't you just leave him alone! He doesn't do anything to you two!" She shouts while stepping in front of me and facing them as I was still sat on the ground.

"Need your sister to fight your battles huh?" Justin looks around her and at me, glaring and shaking his head.

"No I-"

"Ethan let me handle this." She cuts me off. I didn't need my sister fighting battles for me, it just made them pick on me more.

"You're lucky you're a girl." Justin scuffles.

"And your lucky I don't want to hurt anyone today." She fires back, always being confident in her words unlike me. I was always jealous of her lack of fear in anything or anyone.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes. "Let's go Christian." He nudges his friend and turns around, walking away from us on the grass.

She watches them walk away before turning around and looking down at me, holding out her hand for me to grab.