306

HAPPY HS2 UPRISING!! WHO ELSE STAYED UP FOR THE PREMIERE A FEW NIGHTS AGO CAUSE ME

Harry Styles

2:31am

The minutes always felt so long when you watched the clock, it really makes you think about how much could happen in just sixty seconds of a lifetime. And at night, watching the clock feels like it goes by even slower when you can't sleep.

My eyes were permeating glued to the red glow of the digital clock on my nightstand, no need to look elsewhere. I was exhausted, but the traumas I've seen today we're keeping me awake in the quiet night. It was nearly three in the morning, and to think that I was awake 24 hours ago in such a different spot was boggling me.

Twenty four hours ago I remember waking up from my light sleep, tangled in the sheets with Amelia's naked body curled into my side. I knew the war was coming up in a short few hours but that wasn't even on my mind, I was just happy to have the moment with her even knowing I was gonna die.

I didn't die, I lived.

...but with guilt.

Now I was laying her alive but with a dark entity in my soul because of the feeling that I gave up. My mind kept rallying thoughts of what I could've done different to save the people I care about. My brain was a sleepless circus act and nothing was letting me shut my eyes and drift no matter how tired I really am.

2:32

The minutes go by so slow.

I pulled my burning irises from the digital glow and roll onto my back in the bed. I turned my head to the other side and saw Niall passed out on his stomach, both of us just laying in our dirty clothes on top of all the bedding.

I sat up, feeling lightheaded as I did so. My body really needed sleep but I didn't know how to make that happen. I was so dehydrated, I needed water. I've cried so much today that I was highly convinced there was no liquid left in my body.

I stood up slowly, my hand aching but I wrapped it in some tea towels to kept it together. I shuffled very quietly out of the room to fulfil my need for water. Before doing so, I tipped toed down towards the guest bedroom

The door was closed so I very gently turned the knob to open it up, the door creaked a bit but not loud enough to wake anyone up. I peaked my head in the bedroom where the side lamp was still on, giving the room a warm glow.

Amelia was laying there on the right side of the bed, Audrey on the left side, and Briar snug in the middle. The three of them were passed right out to the point they left the light on. The one year old was curled into Amelia's body, holding onto her shirt while her eyes were peacefully shut. Audrey has her knees tucked up to her body, hand holding her stomach. Amelia has her one hand between her cheek and the pillow, her other hand resting on Audrey's arm like she fell asleep comforting her.