239

//descriptive violence warning/// (trying not to spoil but I felt kinda bad not saying anything first)

The door opened, and there I was, underground.

With a discarded jean jacket on my back and a red bandana tied tight around my forehead, I was back to where I used to spend my everyday. I had Niall's black ray bans on my eyes for further disguise, and my Malignant engraved ring in my back pocket.

When the doors of the elevator opened, all I saw was blue jackets just like the one on my back. This was the main entrance point, the grand hall if you will. It used to be full of black leather, because this place once belonged to us. Ever since the battle from over a year ago, Salvation and Deception took this place over. They were no match for Malignant by the numbers, so when I order them to flee for the sake of their lives, we lost.

It seemed like Salvation weren't here though, it was just Deception. I guess what made sense though, Salvation had their own bases above ground.

I walked out of the elevator calmly and made my way through the main foyer without anyone giving me a second look. I saw how the big black front desk that used to say Malignant across it, was completely pained over in black and spray painted "Deception" in red.

I wonder if Deception lived here from the start. Have they been here for a year? Or have they just migrated here ever since we blew up one of their main bases back about seven months ago? Because they were more seen before that, but after the fire they weren't seen at all.

I make my way to a second set of elevators that would take me to apartments. I didn't really have much of a plan on how to get into my actual apartment, given the possibility that someone else is there. But I guess I'll just have to figure it out as I go. The sets of steel elevators had more red spray paint on them, more logos of their gang.

I managed to get into an empty elevator, clicking the floor I once originally lived on. If I manage to get in there, I wonder what I'd see. Would this said person living there now have completely changed the place? It was a nice ass apartment, so whoever in this gang was living there now definitely had some authority if not the most.

It felt like the longest elevator ride of my life and I couldn't stop thinking about what Amelia would say if she knew I was doing this. She'd be scared and angry, that's for sure. I don't blame her, I'd be angry and scared for her if I found out she managed to throw herself in our enemies base with one gun. I am risking safety for this, and I know she wouldn't like that at all. But I know I can get right out of here without a scratch. I mean fuck, Louis and Niall did it and Louis poisoned half of their meals and alcohol.

I told Louis and Niall to stay back. They both argued with me about it but I didn't want them to come because of their own safety. They were already wondering around down here today, making their faces seen. I didn't want them to risk themselves anymore then for what they already have. Plus, I didn't want them to be with me when they saw what I was so desperately needing to grab. If anything they'll just think I'm a psycho for risking it all on one significant little thing.

The elevator doors opened and I was faced with the hallway that went to one room on the left and my room on the right. It was weird to know others lived there now. It used to be Adrian and I on this floor, now just two other people.

I turn right down to my door, getting to the exterior and looking down at the keypad. I enter my six digit code, mentally praying it unlocks the door for me.

But as I thought, it declined.

"Fuck." I whisper to myself and lean my hands against the door with my head down.