289

a little gif to represent what Briar's hair and such looks like now:)

Amelia Adams

I nervously walked down the stairs, my sweaty hand gripping the railing harshly. I could hear conversation from downstairs, my heart racing as I was about to meet my daughter for the first time to my forgotten recollection.

I stepped down into the living room to see the CAS lady in the doorway, Harry's back to me and the back of a tiny head against his shoulder. He was talking to the woman in the doorway while holding the baby I've yet seen the face of. all I could see from her was the back of her head that was full of dark brown hair and her dangling foot peaking from under his arm. She was searing a simple pink shoe.

When the woman made eye contact with me over Harry's shoulder, Harry switched his body around to face me.

When he turned around at the opposite end of the room, he had a glowing smile on his face and in his arms was a perfect replica of that smile but smaller and with a few littler teeth.

I met eyes with a pair of tiny green ones, ones that looked just like Harry's. My heart stopped beating, my stomach turning vastly and my mind spiralling all over the place.

"Hi mum." Harry said to me, holding a one year old in his arms who was staring at me with the brightest smile. She had a small pink dress on and matching little shoes. So much dark hair was on her small head that was matching Harry's shade.

"I'll leave you both to it." The CAS woman said behind Harry before shutting the door, her voice was just an echo in my head.

I stepped closer, Briar starting to jump in Harry's grip in desperation to get to me. I didn't think her little mind would remember me after over seventy days of me not being here for her. But she was looking at me like I was her best friend, like I was her mother.

"I think she's excited to see you." Harry says over Briar's squeals for me to hold her.

I had no words.

Harry and I met in the middle of the room, her arms reaching out for me. I felt like I couldn't speak because I was so amazed yet freaked out.

"Do you wanna hold her?" He asks while trying to contain Briar's excitement to get to me.

I nodded but was concerned. "I don't know how to...really hol—"

"It's not that hard, I'll show you. If anything she's going to be clinging to you so much you won't even need to actually hold her." He chuckles while bringing her into my arms.

She clung onto me like he predicted, putting her little chubby arms around my neck while Harry put my right forearm under her bum. I smiled as I held her on my hip, looking into her big green eyes as she grinned.